She lives!!!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalArts

Reaction score
Thanks to Jamie I was able to put my Vmax out of service for a week and spend every waking moment not spent on school work getting her fixed up.

Well, tonight I cleaned the lines and completed everything I previously listed, put some fresh 89 in and primed the fuel pump a few times.

It was cold out tonight so it took her a few mins to start, but eventually she did.

So I proceed to let her warm up and go make some coffee, then I go outside to take her for a spin.

I get to the end of the driveway and put on the blinker to turn, this apparently blew a fuse and shut off the fuel pump, blinkers, and temp/rpm gauges. I didn't notice.

I get to the end of the road and it stalls and falls on its face power wise.

I was like, hmm.... so I turn the key off and on and don't hear the fuel pump... pushed it all the way back to my back patio and replaced the fuse with a 15 amp (all I had on hand, will refrain from using blinkers for now)

Started it back up and let it sit for a bit. Checked the voltge and it was a steady 13.8 from idle on up. I can deal with that.

Brought her out for a final spin and :punk: good lord does she run nicely.!

Thanks for all of the help from everyone and I'm now halfway convinced I have a dependable red gilrl to call my own! We'll see tomorrow.

Ahhh grasshopper you come this far keep going thru it find why fuse blew and make sure tires are inflated ...

Hahah I will do! Out of curiosity, is the fuel pump supposed to work off the same fuse?

And I'll be sure to test that, probably won't get a chance until Thursday or Friday due to schoolwork though

Are the blinkers stock? If wires are plugged in backwards fuses will blow.

They are not and I don't think whoever put them in did a great job. I will be fixing them asap, I actually have new LED ones right now not put on yet.

As for the only remaining issue, my accelerator pump still is not squirting! I wish it was.

When I first got the bike I remember noting that the one carb of the four with the pump below the float bowl (vgas fcr set up) did in fact squirt...

Since then, it has stopped squirting and I cannot make it or any of the others for that matter, squirt.

I'll post pics of the AP set up and see what everyone suggests tomorrow night or Thursday

Latest posts

Back