Shell Rotella Questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Rotella, which I really like, disappeared from the shelf tomorrow I'd use another brand of 15w-40 diesel oil, Delco maybe. Ant-shear additives are used in a diesel engine because of the extensive gear mechanism that drives the injector pump, cams, accessory drives, ect. Zinc is usually a main additive. I believe the gears in our Transmission become nice and slick, making shifting better and delaying wear on all parts of the engine. Our wet clutch seems to not be bothered by zinc type additives.
Steve-o

I decided give Shell T6 a a go, and have some idea of what I was talking about.

Only had a chance to do about 40 miles. No slip. And I'm not certain, but compared to Yamaha Dino Oil that I had in there, T6 full synthetic pulls harder and just seems faster. Time will tell if I'm just rationalizing, but I like it.

I will remember this point that it's not always you get what you pay for. As cited many times already, motorcycle oils per se cost a lot more cash. Just like Shinkos, almost everyone was quick to say, you buy cheap, you get cheap. The cost is 1/2 that of the former Avons. Shinkos cost me 1/2 as much and gave me twice as much hook up.

Enough evidence for me to look for quality alone, not the price as the measure.

Jack

Back