Shift Lever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcman5

Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with it. It's just that the space provided from the foot peg to the shift lever is too close imo. I wear boots when riding and doesn't provide alot of clearance when shifting; especially when going from first to second. Is there an after market shift lever, that provides more foot clearance for shifting?

Are you having trouble getting your toe under the shift lever? If so, there is a turn-buckle on the linkage down there that you can adjust and move the shifter up or down probably close to an inch. I bought new boots and they were much thicker in the tow, so I had to adjust it up to be able to get under it.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Maybe you could just adjust it a bit (up or down instead of horizontal) ?

I got the CNC shift lever from Exactrep but it's pretty much the same than the stock one.
Riding with racing boots, I have pretty much the same feeling than you.
Maybe a rearset will have been more comfortable for me.

Yeah clearance is one problem but the other issue is that it actually makes contact with the top of the arch of my foot, not the toes (I only wear a size 9 1/2). Really not interested in changing footpegs to pivotal ones. I was considering of having one fabricated, to adjust the length of the shift by about 2 inches for more room and clearance. Thanks for the info. Was considering doing suspension work on the front end as well. But to be honest, this is one of those rare ones, that does not have the high speed wabble or drift.

You could bushing out the support bracket a little bit if you want. Maybe post a picture of the amount of clearance you have. I have no problems getting my feet under even in a drag racing situation where you have minimal time to get your feet in place for the 1-2 shift.

Sean

I'm size 12 and had to tighten the space so I'd quit missing second gear. Maybe I should get bigger boots....:rofl_200:

Yeah clearance is one problem but the other issue is that it actually makes contact with the top of the arch of my foot, not the toes (I only wear a size 9 1/2). Really not interested in changing footpegs to pivotal ones. I was considering of having one fabricated, to adjust the length of the shift by about 2 inches for more room and clearance. Thanks for the info. Was considering doing suspension work on the front end as well. But to be honest, this is one of those rare ones, that does not have the high speed wabble or drift.

Sounds like you just need to adjust your riding position. If you have a size 9, no way should the shifter be hitting the arch of your foot unless you are riding with your heels on the pegs instead of the ball of you foot resting on the peg.

Back