Shifting problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see anything that doesn't look right - I would say to try shifting while the tranny gears are rotating, either by turning rear wheel or atleast by turning the output shaft if the swingarm is off.

Mike

On a side note. The engine will not shift if it's not rotating (or at least rocking back and forth). There are no sycnro's like a car has so it won't shift without some movement.

Sean

I should be able to get it into neutral without the engine running, right?
Everything is put together and I'm ready to try firing her up, but I can't get it into neutral. The rear wheel is locked between two points, so it will only rotate a little bit. I can shift the foot lever up properly, and when I do that (and hold it up) the wheel frees up and will spin. If I let go of the shifter, it gets locked between two points again. I'm not able to move the shifter down at all.

I should be able to get it into neutral without the engine running, right?
Everything is put together and I'm ready to try firing her up, but I can't get it into neutral. The rear wheel is locked between two points, so it will only rotate a little bit. I can shift the foot lever up properly, and when I do that (and hold it up) the wheel frees up and will spin. If I let go of the shifter, it gets locked between two points again. I'm not able to move the shifter down at all.

It sounds like it's back together?? I had issues with mine when I upgraded and found that I needed to (with the clutch basket out) make sure the segment assy was ready to only shift down once for 1st then start up for the rest of the gears. Could be in the wrong orientation. Then put the basket on. Kinda tough to describe.

Hey this is helpful - you're saying that it is possible to put the star in the wrong way? How do I tell when it is in ready to shift down once? Sounds like I need to take er apart again and fool around with it. Thanks for the tip man

Hey this is helpful - you're saying that it is possible to put the star in the wrong way? How do I tell when it is in ready to shift down once? Sounds like I need to take er apart again and fool around with it. Thanks for the tip man

No. The segment won't go in the wrong way. But the linkage that moves it might not be set in the right location.

It does only go in one way...

But that's not the way I had it in there. So that was my problem anyway - looks like this one is resolved. We'll find out tomorrow!

mine wont go in N if its against the stopping point in first or second. needs to be in the middle.

Latest posts

Back