Shipping Nightmare Coming True

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE:

CP has traced the parts without success. They called the chroming place and they have not yet received the package. It has now been over a month. The Canada post rep said if it hasn't arrived by Mar. 06th, she'd declare it lost. I can only imagine how long it will be to actually have a check in hand.

So my question to you all is...does anyone have an extra set of sidecovers and scoops in mint condition, OR have any tips how to aquire another set without paying through the nose from Yamaha? I haven't actually priced them out yet, but thought I'd put it to the guys 'in the know' on this site.

Thanks gents,

Rowdy.

He was sending them in to get done with my service and had the problem. I do have other sets and can send a set to you and if you find any good ones from others you can send them to me at that time. I could sell them to you but they won't be cheap since I normally need to replace them to have on hand.

Sean

He was sending them in to get done with my service and had the problem. I do have other sets and can send a set to you and if you find any good ones from others you can send them to me at that time. I could sell them to you but they won't be cheap since I normally need to replace them to have on hand.

Sean

Hey Sean. Yeah, I'm gettin' the feeling like I'm going to have to source out another set of scoops and sidecovers. I don't know of any local contacts that would have an extra set. In the meantime, I guess I can wait and see if anyone on this site can help. Can you shoot me an email as to how much you would charge for replacements, in case it comes to that?

I insured the original set that was lost, but I don't know how long it would take to recover the insurance money. :bang head:
I also don't see anywhere on my receipt that I even paid insurance, so I may have a fight on my hands with that too.

I'll keep in touch.

BTW...I still want to have these parts chromed. I haven't given up on that. Once I find another set, they are still going through Sean to get chromed.
I'm not going through all this only to have another stock set put back on the bike!

Later all...

try ebay, specifically pinwall cycle... i got my sidepanels from them for like $20 or $30 apiece b/c mine were missing. a little dent on one of them, but hard to notice.. may want to give it a try...

they may have some pretty mint stuff....

probably something the the U.S should do,,dont let any work leave the country

Shoot me an email and we'll see what we can work out. I have a set on hand I think right now. Of course the bad thing is the price would be the higher price for stuff I keep on hand but hopefully the insurance will help cover some of that.

Sean
[email protected]

maybe rowdy could pay you (sean) to buy them off of ebay, ship them to yourself and then use those to get chromed or something...

i dunno, just my $.02, this situation sucks, period.

I have a set that I am not going to be needing for a while, but definitely need them back at some point. They are polished already, and are just sitting out in my garage. If you want to borrow them to get back on the road we can work something out. They are in Canada too, so the shipping will not be a big deal.

probably something the the U.S should do,,dont let any work leave the country

This was Canadian business being sent to the U.S.

I myself had a package being sent to the U.S.. It was so late that I had to send another. They tried tried to trace and nothing. The day they were going to pay me for the insurance it showed up. The guy then had to return one to me but Canada Post paid the shipping both ways. Also mine showed it had hit the border as well, nothing after? I do believe once it hits the border that U.S. Post takes it from there and when stuff comes from the U.S. when it hits the border Canada Post takes it from there.

I do believe once it hits the border that U.S. Post takes it from there and when stuff comes from the U.S. when it hits the border Canada Post takes it from there.

That was the way it worked when I sent my stock pipes to France. I was told they could track it till it hit France then that was it until the owner claimed it. USPS couldn't track it after the France postal service took over.

I also forgot to mention that I have had over 100 items shipped up from the U.S. in the last four years and have received every one. Some took longer than others and packages were damaged, but all products were fine except the one UPS had control of. The charges UPS gives you once you receive. (Total Rippoff!!!) I would still trust the post office first! In fact if they won't use the post office, I buy somewhere else.

I also forgot to mention that I have had over 100 items shipped up from the U.S. in the last four years and have received every one. Some took longer than others and packages were damaged, but all products were fine except the one UPS had control of. The charges UPS gives you once you receive. (Total Rippoff!!!) I would still trust the post office first! In fact if they won't use the post office, I buy somewhere else.
Yeah, some the shipments that I have received that were shipped via UPS makes me wonder if anyone survived the plane crash the package must have been in. :confused2::biglaugh:

I have shipped hundreds of items and the only real problems I have had were when I used UPS. They are terrible. One time they destroyed a high dollar lab scale that I packed in tons of bubblewrap in one box then packed in another box with more bubblewrap. Had big red FRAGILE stickers on each side of the box. The recipient said it looked like they dragged it behind the truck all the way from Texas to Ohio. It was insured and had a terrible time getting payment. UPS SUCKS!!!!

Only had two problems with USPS. One package was busted causing one part to fall out. The other was a package coming to me was lost for about two months but finally showed up. This is in at least 900 shipments (both directions) in the last 8 - 9 years.

I won't stop shipping & receiving across the border. As with anything, there are always exceptions. Canada & the US are each others largest trading partners.
+1 on UPS... they SUCK!

Another Update:

Got an email today that totally changed this thing around...:punk:
Turns out Sean just got my chromed parts shipped to him as they were supposed to. Talk about a paradigm shift.

After a few calls, Sean confirmed they are in fact mine, and is shipping them back to me on monday.
I'm so stoked that the shipment not only arrived at the chromers, but the job is now done and back into Seans hands!

Thanks Sean for figuring things out over there, and I can't wait to see the finished result. Riding season is just arriving so the timing couldn't be better.
Thanks to those who offered to lend me parts in the meantime. It's a great testimony to the guys on this site, and helping out a fellow Maxer in a bind.:worthy:

Cheers all...
Rowdy

Back