Shocks on ebay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagco1

Reaction score
Any 1 try these out yet, The sold a few of them. They fit the vmax.

What are the spring rate on the vmax per-pound stock.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YAMAHA-V...-/131198932258?ssPageName=ADME:X:PROI:US:3160

total Length: 370mm Eye to Eye 340mm Eye Diameter Top: 14mm Eye Diameter Bottom: 14mm *Other eye sizes available on request Eye Width : 21mm Spring thickness: 8.10mm Spring Width: 64mm Working stroke: 70mm Spring Preload adjustment length 25mm Damping can be adjusted by air (nitrogen) Nitrogen Pre-filled Eye tensile strength of over 2000kgf Max loading: 300kg / 650 lbs

I don't know about these but check it out carefully. There's been others that look similar which were total junk.

Dale

Stay with progressive or ohlins I know you have the money for them or did your ticket break your piggy bank mr 140 mph.........

Your funny, :clapping::clapping::clapping:

That's why I'm in the house now. no money all in the name of going fast. freaken tickets

What are the stock springs in pounds any 1...

I do like the look of them. more vmaxer's hop in on this.

Read the max load rating off the sticker on the headtube of the bike. That's what the stock shocks are rated for. I'm not near my bike, but it's probably in the 900-1100 lb range. The bike weighs almost 600 by itself.

My wife has a set similar to those on her Radian. She know has about 8,000 miles on them and they are due to be replaced.

One shock is leaking and the other can no longer be adjusted has the adjusting nuts are stripped.

I wouldn't recommend buying them.

Mike

$140 for a pair if shocks.....why would you ???
You get what you pay for. ..my Gazi's were about $6-800 from memory

I bought a similar cheap set from eBay - RFY shocks (I couldn't afford a proper set)
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

I thought I'd ride them until they blew but they're still on the bike (+$5 ohlin sticker)
IMAG2198.jpg

Only drawbacks: They are pre-loaded to the MAX and are next to useless when you ride two up - other than that I'm very happy with the bang per buck ratio

IMHO this is just one area you don't want to go cheap on (brakes/tires are the others). They may work, but they may also fail prematurely...which may contribute to an accident...that will cost significantly more to fix than if you spent decent money on the right equiment initially...not to mention the potential injury to yourself or a passenger...

Thanks to all the guy's input on the shocks. Ok they look nice, me will walk away from them.

I'm looking at replace them 13" to 12" is the lowest I will go.

Latest posts

Back