Shooting at Ft. Hood again.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FootNote

Reaction score
It will be interesting to find out what the ultimate cause is? Terrorism...or someone just going nuts.

I do find it interesting that in the Yahoo article when they talk about the 09 shooting, they go into detail about the shooter being Muslim, and those facts arent in the CNN nor the Aljazeera article.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to find out what the ultimate cause is? Terrorism...or someone just going nuts.

I do find it interesting that in the Yahoo article when they talk about the 09 shooting, they go into detail about the shooter being Muslim, and those facts arent in the CNN nor the Aljazeera article.

I have a feeling this one has nothing to do with Terrorism. I could be completely wrong though.

I linked those three because you can't trust just one news source sadly, they all haver their own agenda, somewhere in the middle the truth is there. Granted 90% of the information now is just speculation. It will be a while before actual facts start coming out of Ft. Hood.

Yep....all news shows have their own agenda. It all comes down to reporting the news while putting their own spin on it.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Anchorman 2 did a good job depicting the large news networks. Its all about shock factor for ratings instead of the actual content. Hopefully the 1 dead is the shooter and all of the injured recover swiftly.

Honestly I wish all the news channels had mandatory showings of "The Newsroom" from HBO and learn how to report from them. Its sad I learned more about recent events from that show then the crap they put on Fox/CNN.

I am frankly and simply embarrassed that the soldiers I rely on to protect my freedoms are not REQUIRED to carry side arms everywhere and all-the-time. Our policies are wrong and I hope we get to fixing them immediately.

I am frankly and simply embarrassed that the soldiers I rely on to protect my freedoms are not REQUIRED to carry side arms everywhere and all-the-time. Our policies are wrong and I hope we get to fixing them immediately.

Speaking as Military Police I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement.

Speaking as Military Police I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement.

I am inclined to agree. There are a bunch of dumbasses an miscreants in the military. I am not saying everyone in the military is this way by any means, just what I have observed with all the time I spend on bases worldwide.

One thing makes me curious though. Don't know if thats due the fact that USA is in most global wars (and all that post traumatic issues) but these events are MUCH more common in the US rather than the rest of countries globally. Is it due the mix of races and beliefs? Can't seem to find a reason for that... And of course has nothing to do with the guns popular subject. Anyone is able to find a away to do harm to some.

I will admit I'm biased by my inner-Texan. My comment results from my general insecurity in "gun-free zones." I simply don't expect folks with bad intentions to respect the gun-free directives and favor allowing folks with good intentions to arm themselves against those with bad intentions.

Last I seen there were 4 dead including the shooter and 14 wounded. If we can't trust someone with a weapon at all times I think the next logical question is why are they allowed in the military at all? There are crazy people everywhere (yes even the military) but that doesn't trump everyone else's right to defend themselves.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I send out my thoughts and prayers to the all the victims, the families and their friends in this unfortunate situation.
I'm sure that if the alleged shooter would have thought that if he was going into a location where the targets could defend themselves he would have thought better of it.

One thing makes me curious though. Don't know if thats due the fact that USA is in most global wars (and all that post traumatic issues) but these events are MUCH more common in the US rather than the rest of countries globally. Is it due the mix of races and beliefs? Can't seem to find a reason for that... And of course has nothing to do with the guns popular subject. Anyone is able to find a away to do harm to some.

Ive wondered that myself. X-wife #2 worked at Ft Sill Hosp here in Lawton. I would go and visit her...etc...and I got to know some of the staff. The was one person that I will always remember...but I wont say his name here. He was a medic, and was 23-24 years old, and had been to Iraq 3-4 times, and Afghanistan 1 time. When he talked about his experiences.... you could see it dancing there, just right behind his eyes.

Of course after she and I split, I dont know what ever happened to him. I dont know if he got out of the Army, or stayed in as a career. Unfortunately the government has never been good at taking care of mental health issues...well atleast not for the last 40 years.

Last I seen there were 4 dead including the shooter and 14 wounded. If we can't trust someone with a weapon at all times I think the next logical question is why are they allowed in the military at all? There are crazy people everywhere (yes even the military) but that doesn't trump everyone else's right to defend themselves.

This one is easiest to answer. The military does not recruit people who are "broken" at least they try hard not to. Some will of course get in pass all the exams. Over the last 10 years the army has broken a LOT of soldiers, back to back deployments, crap treatment, ect ect. Now, you have a military that has been at war for 10 years and a good amount of broken soldiers. Depending on how long someone has been in the military they have a "You brake it, you fix(buy) it" policy for soldiers. The military will do everything they can to help a solider try and recover from what ever mental stress effects them. So you for the most part will not see the army kicking out soldiers who are mental broken one way or another. Either from their desire to help the soldiers they broke, or simply to avoid the black eye it would give to the military from public opinion.

I send out my thoughts and prayers to the all the victims, the families and their friends in this unfortunate situation.
I'm sure that if the alleged shooter would have thought that if he was going into a location where the targets could defend themselves he would have thought better of it.

I highly doubt this guy was thinking of much when he did this. He killed himself so I don't think his fear of people fighting back is a real issue.

I respectfully disagree footnote, he only killed himself (almost all mass shooters do) when confronted by a female officer with a gun. They either give up without a fight or shoot themselves.

I respectfully disagree footnote, he only killed himself (almost all mass shooters do) when confronted by a female officer with a gun. They either give up without a fight or shoot themselves.

I read that. Changed my opinion and yes, I agree with you.

Back