should i do it '86 max basically frame'engine????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sickmax

Reaction score
How were the 86's i see people say 1989 they upgraded this or that 'i can't remember ' want to build chopper for girlfriend ' also anyone have used parts around ? rear drive set up gearbox'driveshaft as well as guages levers just curious to see what's around for used parts ????????this thing has front frame neck damage but only 20,000 km and need winter project?????????? thanks for any feed back guys .the front end is in the junkyard just neck back!

I've got lots of spares. Have the rear drive pumpkin and shaft, swingarm, gauges, clutch lever etc etc. Even have a straight frame but no title.

right on ! now i'll see what i can get this thing for i't won't be cheap since it was the guys baby and he had a 300 tire on it and all the goodies ' but he got a wobble at 60 mph and dumped it and bent the neck . he still can't find where the wobble showed up from ,

Well when you run a 300 series tire with parts designed by who knows you can get the wobble from several areas. I would gusset the frame and use solid motor mounts when you put it back together as well as replace the bearings and races.

Chris

I'm sure the guys on here can help you with misc parts here and there and I have plenty of new and used (and custom) parts we sell (including an R1 front end setup). I've even got the frame from my two-face bike I am going to sell that has a 6 degree rake added to the steering head (I'm going to a 10 degree). That frame is un-stamped so you could easily transfer your old title over and claim it as rebuilt if needed (I have a few titles and titled frames too if needed).

Sean
Sean

Back