Sick of winter, ready to ride????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being born and raised in Daytona Beach I forget just how lucky we are that our ridding season is all year long. I've ridden my 82 650 maxim (vetter fairing and hard bags) to work 30 miles so often that the battery on my 64 Fury has gone dead.
Springs coming Hang in there!

Got a pinched nerve in the neck and can't ride (too painful) so I want a longer winter until I can rehab

The nicer stuff stays in the garage this time of year. I have gotten the dual sport out a couple of times this year. Its my quick fix for getting a ride in now and again. Spring is on the way... :)

Going siking this morning in the Sierra's and then will fire up the Max from it's winter slumber and get some boost time. Lew

You guys have it best, I think, of both worlds.........snow boarding when you want.....riding when you want......Is that about right??

YES SIR,
Mt Rose ski resort is 11 minutes from my house. Voted one of the ten best resorts you'll never ski by some ski rag. I almost road the Max back up there in the afternoon but I wanted some boost time and Hwy 431 ( Mt Rose Hwy ) is kind like the "Dragon". Lots of turns---- in fact, the Sierra passes are all great roads to tilt your horizons.

The Sking was superior and the Max ran ( and started first touch ) after its winter slumber........ and what commng in a couple of days----- more fresh SNOW.

Yep----" best of both" And Nevada is also a gun frendly state.

Lew

Last edited:
Pulled mine out today. Temps in the upper 30's by the time I got around to it. Took some cranking to get her fired up, hasn't run sence September. 4 mile ride around the block. Last mile I couldn't help myself, whooped her to 120. Thought my thumbs were gonna crack and fall off. Should have worn gloves, would have been a longer ride. Aside from the frozen hands, it felt amazing. I can't wait until warm weather.

Right about this time of year, I’m driving my wife (and bank account) crazy, one year it was new riding gear, last year it was new riding luggage, and bags, this year its race tec suspension and a rear tail light mod. It’s the only way I cope with February in Michigan!!

I hear ya Jim, I have a few mods to finish from last year and some new ones planned. My "rolling workshop" aka my motorcyle trailer has snow over the fenders atm so I'll have do some shovel work so I can get at Redbone to start the mods.
I'm still not satisfied with the way my tail light and fender look after extending my swingarm but that will have to wait until I have room to work on it properly.
Otherwise, winter has been ok UP here, been out CC skiing a couple of times with friends, good snowshoe season is coming up soon so I'll get to hunt some bunnies. I hope to get out for a day of snowmobiling this coming weekend with a group of friends, so that will be fun but not cheap since I have to rent.

Im dying to get my carbs back on get some gas in her & hear it purrr. I'll be busy this week w/ alll my adons I purchased she should be running by next weekend :)

I hear ya Jim, I have a few mods to finish from last year and some new ones planned. My "rolling workshop" aka my motorcyle trailer has snow over the fenders atm so I'll have do some shovel work so I can get at Redbone to start the mods.
I'm still not satisfied with the way my tail light and fender look after extending my swingarm but that will have to wait until I have room to work on it properly.
Otherwise, winter has been ok UP here, been out CC skiing a couple of times with friends, good snowshoe season is coming up soon so I'll get to hunt some bunnies. I hope to get out for a day of snowmobiling this coming weekend with a group of friends, so that will be fun but not cheap since I have to rent.

Yea, I was up there in November for a little deer hunting, seems like you guys aren?t getting the winters that you used to, at least early in the season anyway:confused2:. The snow shoes sure seemed abundant, but we see lots of coyotes and wolves over on the west end.

Here it is mid-Feb in mid-Michigan so today I said hell with it ! Roads are dry today.... 38 degrees at 3 pm..... fired up the beast and went for a quick 10 mile ride !! :punk:

Got to try out the mid-pipe & reflash mods I just completed. HOLY CRAP !! The improvements in sound and performance are frickin AWSOME !!!

I'm going to love riding this upcoming season !!!

Hey jims-max ... where abouts are you in Michigan ??

Good to here your happy with your bike jeff cant wait to ride with the michigan hooligans. Looks like we might be adding another hooligan to the group.

Here it is mid-Feb in mid-Michigan so today I said hell with it ! Roads are dry today.... 38 degrees at 3 pm..... fired up the beast and went for a quick 10 mile ride !! :punk:

Got to try out the mid-pipe & reflash mods I just completed. HOLY CRAP !! The improvements in sound and performance are frickin AWSOME !!!

I'm going to love riding this upcoming season !!!

Hey jims-max ... where abouts are you in Michigan ??

Hey Jeff, Mid 30?s! holly crap! I am in the thumb on the East side (Pt. Sanilac) and we haven?t been up to the 20?s in a few weeks, (the lakes keep us cold). I used to ride year round, but I guess the older I get the softer I turn. I see there are lots of riders from Michigan on here, and keep hearing about these ?Hooligans? all sounds suspicious to me:ummm:. Lol jk, I can?t wait to get out there myself!:punk:
Jim

What are you guys talking about went riding all day Friday with the son and cousin and then saturday with the cousin his wifey my wifey and another couple 70 here in Cali? sorry I had too... and yes I wish I could own the guns you guys owned but if it shoots bullets its illegal in Cali .....sad sad sad....

Hey Jeff, Mid 30?s! holly crap! I am in the thumb on the East side (Pt. Sanilac) and we haven?t been up to the 20?s in a few weeks, (the lakes keep us cold). I used to ride year round, but I guess the older I get the softer I turn. I see there are lots of riders from Michigan on here, and keep hearing about these ?Hooligans? all sounds suspicious to me:ummm:. Lol jk, I can?t wait to get out there myself!:punk:
Jim

Jim, we have got to get you to join at least one of our Mi rides this upcoming riding season. The VMOA MI event in early July in the Three Rivers area is always great ride time and way to meet a lot of other Vmax riders too. Lots of other possible day rides too. Stay linked-in to this site & the Mi Social group on this site for postings. Keep the faith... spring is just around the corner !!:clapping:

Oh I forgot to mention our social group, thanks Jeff!
Here is a link Jim: http://www.vmaxforum.net/group.php?groupid=17
To navigate to the page from the main forum view: you'll see at the top the MENU button, once you click on that a drop down menu appears, scan down to near the middle you will see SOCIAL GROUPS, clicking on that will bring you to all the social groups pn the forum; ours is called MICHIGAN VMAXERS. I believe you can join immediately, but if not I'm sure Chuck will be along soon enough to approve your membership.

Back