side emblem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

113s&s

Reaction score
the vmax emblem on the side covers...are those on with a glue that can be pealed of with heat.....No i havent pulled the side cover to look :biglaugh:..rather ask you guys...cold in my shed

Re: side emblim

the vmax emblem on the side covers...are those on with a glue that can be pealed of with heat.....No i havent pulled the side cover to look :biglaugh:..rather ask you guys...cold in my shed

Double back tape... :whistlin:Removed mine and painted the tops of the covers... :thumbs up:

Only my seat say Vmax on it now.:coolgleamA: No tuning forks either.

Attachments

• Vmax done #5 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done #5 9-11-07.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Vmax done #2 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done #2 9-11-07.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 44

Double back tape... :whistlin:Removed mine and painted the tops of the covers... :thumbs up:

see you removed tank emblem also..nice clean look

A piece of fishing line or good nylon string will usually take these off with kind of a sawing motion. The glue/tape residue can usually be removed with wd-40 and a rag.

I pulled my tank emblems and installed them on the back window of my truck next to my "Got Boost?" sticker.

Rusty

Toss the stick on emblem and air brush it.

Attachments

• Sidepanel.jpg
    Sidepanel.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 39
pulled the suckers of with a hair dryer....then had to use gas to remove the glue...little wax and it looks great..really changes the look of the bike..yamaha comes off the rear fender tonight.....next going to look at radiator side covers..see if the side reflectors can come off...hoping there screwed or snapped on from the back...rather just have the slots opened all look black

I'm pretty sure that the side reflectors are glued in also. Check the garage,I removed the plastic rad covers altogether. The rubber boot in the front and the stupid rear cylinders cover.Opens it up nice.

pulled the suckers of with a hair dryer....then had to use gas to remove the glue...little wax and it looks great..really changes the look of the bike..yamaha comes off the rear fender tonight.....next going to look at radiator side covers..see if the side reflectors can come off...hoping there screwed or snapped on from the back...rather just have the slots opened all look black

I'm pretty sure that the side reflectors are glued in also. Check the garage,I removed the plastic rad covers altogether. The rubber boot in the front and the stupid rear cylinders cover.Opens it up nice.

The reflectors are held on with a 10mm nut... I took those off too... :whistlin:Well not really... They're there...:whistlin:The Yamaha sticker and all the warning stickers came off straight away!

Check it...

Attachments

• Vmax done 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done 9-11-07.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_2108.jpg
    100_2108.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 33
lot of small ideas got me thinking :clapping: rubber over front back cylinders..that for mostly heat ?....that would really clean it up nice..going to take a peek at that now

I have never had any problems overheating without the extra crap on it.

I am planning on going to a bigger rad once my bigbore is done.Maybe some Paulk pumps! LOL!

Please tell me your kidding about the double sided tape. I just bought a bench mounted polisher to start polishing parts this winter and one of the pieces I wanted to do was the top of the side cover. I assumed it was held on with a couple of bolts. I like the chrome "Vmax" and planned on keeping it. Where do you buy tape that holds like that? I can't believe that stuff holds up to carwashes and the like.

Chris,There is still a lot of shiny stuff left on "The Dark Side Max" Or is it still The AntiShawn?

Please tell me your kidding about the double sided tape. I just bought a bench mounted polisher to start polishing parts this winter and one of the pieces I wanted to do was the top of the side cover. I assumed it was held on with a couple of bolts. I like the chrome "Vmax" and planned on keeping it. Where do you buy tape that holds like that? I can't believe that stuff holds up to carwashes and the like.

You can get the tape at any auto body store.Its just 2 sided tape with red backing on it for auto emblems..I stuck it on then trimmed the edges with an exacto before peeling it and sticking it on the bike.

If you want tape that no-one will get off in a hurry then 3M make a range of tapes that are used to stick car panels together (no-kidding many modern cars are sticky taped together).

Check out 3M products.

P.S. I was not paid to say this.

I've got several extra skin sets from the original 1985's (recessed lettering) and sides covers that would polish up nice.

Make me an offer if you're interested, I can seperate them.

:cheers:
Neil

Attachments

• skin_set.jpg
    skin_set.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 36
Actually, I prefer the raised Vmax emblem. Kind of a retro look that suits the max. I also want to keep the side covers half black.

Apparantly I've been in the dark about the advancements in double sided tape. Pretty scary to think that car panels are held together with the stuff. I can't wait to re-attach the letters and try to line them up correctly the first time.

You can use 100% clear silicone to stick the emblems back on. I put the chromed Vmax emblem on the false tank. So far I like it there. Not sure why ?

took the rear plastic cover off over the rear valve covers....wow no tools needed...front rubber seem like it protects the carb linkage left that on..opens it up nice ..thanks for idea

Back