Silver star ultra # for 85 max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmax1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Want to upgrade to a brighter headlight without spending a lot of $$$. Have called several auto parts stores and they cannot tell me which s/s ultra bulb would fit my 85 MAX. Does anybody know the # for the sylvania silver star ultra bulb that would fit my MAX? :confused2:

Would it not just be an H4? Unless Silverstar Ultras use their own set of numbers, it should just be an H4. I know the regular Silverstar I had was H4. I've gone HID now and would never go back.

it'll say 9003/h4 (i believe) and u'll be all set. I LOVE those headlights. just ask the guys i've ridden with.

Garret and 89 max Thanks for the info. I was not sure as I have never replaced the headlight bulb before and could not find the info I needed. I Need a brighter bulb as no street lights in the mountains and plenty of confused and intoxicated tourists. I am out the door to purchase one before it gets dark up here and store closes. :punk:

Silverstars are nice bulbs, but IMO I found something better for a lot cheaper....a 55/100W H4 bulb. I got it on ebay for $5 shipped from "All Catz Lights". Low beam is what you'd expect, but the highbeam is awesome. FAR brighter than stock, "throws" it a lot farther, and I noticed it "spreads" a lot better, lighting up the ditches and side of the road much better also. I got it for Adirondack roads at night to try and avoid critters. The caveat is that they are for "off road use only" since the highbeam is higher than DOT specs. I have yet to encounter a headlight wattage checkpoint though...

Ran it all summer (10k miles worth) and no issues, so quality seems to be good. Even running the highbeam on all day as always, I have had no issues with heat in the headlight or wiring up from the extra load.

Link

The price seems to have gone up a bit in the last couple months, but still $7 shipped....can't beat that.

i like the silverstar since it runs stock wattage and lights up the night like the 4th of july!

I have the SS Ultra in mine and it works great! high beam is still worthless but low works well.

Chris

chris? really? high beam is the only thing worth running!

The only time I ever use low beam is if I'm in traffic at night. Otherwise, high. It's much more visible during the daytime.

chris? really? high beam is the only thing worth running!

WORTHLESS!!! It shines up into the trees. No matter how I adjust the lens it sucks.

I am used to my dual lights on my SV that are as good or better than car head lights.

I ALWAYS run with the high beam on unless at night in traffic.

I like to be seen.

Chris

Silverstars are nice bulbs, but IMO I found something better for a lot cheaper....a 55/100W H4 bulb. I got it on ebay for $5 shipped from "All Catz Lights". Low beam is what you'd expect, but the highbeam is awesome. FAR brighter than stock, "throws" it a lot farther, and I noticed it "spreads" a lot better, lighting up the ditches and side of the road much better also. I got it for Adirondack roads at night to try and avoid critters. The caveat is that they are for "off road use only" since the highbeam is higher than DOT specs. I have yet to encounter a headlight wattage checkpoint though...

Ran it all summer (10k miles worth) and no issues, so quality seems to be good. Even running the highbeam on all day as always, I have had no issues with heat in the headlight or wiring up from the extra load.

Link

The price seems to have gone up a bit in the last couple months, but still $7 shipped....can't beat that.
I bought the 55/100w bulb as well it came in a 2 pack for $11(plus shipping ) if I remember correctly. Very bright white light which is better than the silverstar I used to run. I also have the EB relay which helps with out put and keeping the wiring cool.:punk:
I will probably do the HID and maybe a larger housing at some point in the future.

The PIA bulbs blow the silver star ultras away...I have both there is no comparison .

I forget what they call them,,but they really rock,,they are alot of money like 50.00 but damn they are awesome..

Latest posts

Back