Skyline Drive Ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northjax

Reaction score
Find the below link for the area we will be leaving out from: (This Saturday, 7 June 14)

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=38.031065,-78.8592&hl=en&ll=38.031491,-78.858946&spn=0.003101,0.005681&sll=38.031308,-78.858491&sspn=0.011949,0.018904&t=h&z=18&iwloc=near

If you go to street view, there is an abandoned gas station with a popcorn stand out front. We will leave from there. Wife and I are riding up from Virginia Beach and will tow the bikes to that point. From there we will do a 55 mile ride to the top of the mountain (Get Gas...Food, pics ect...) and then head back. Round trip will be about 3-4 1/2 hrs pending the stop. Meeting up at the parking lot at around 9:30 for a 10am head out. From what I have heard its an awesome, twisty ride. PM if you can make it so we will know if we need to hold up a bit from anyone.

Hope to see some of you out there... Jason:eusa_dance:

I would like too !! I'm moving my daughter back from college for last time . Scope it out and we will see about a local vmax gathering in the future !! ride safe and take some pics

Toured through there on a Goldwing many years ago, awesome riding/scenic views.......................Tom.

Both the Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway are awesome rides, but traffic is slow moving on a busy day, and posted speeds are maxed at 45 mph, or something in that vicinity. If you go for the scenery, you wouldn't want to go much faster in any event.
Have a great time!:punk:

Will be riding with wife so shouldn't have an issue with speeding....although she does get a little froggy every now and then on her Monster. First time riding MTN's so we'll she how she does. Her bike is made for them:punk:

I think the posted speed limit over most of the Skylind Drive is nearer to 35 mph, and slower when approaching any of the larger pullouts, if I remember correctly. Beautiful riding.

You can make time hotrodding down the BRP - it's avg posted speed is 45mph. lol

UPDATE: THIS TRIP IS BEING RE-SCHEDULED... Heading out to the BLUE RIDGE MTS instead. Will look at planning this trip again around End of July to beginning of August time period. Give everyone more time to plan and shoot for an over-nighter at the Howard Johnson for some adult beverages!:band:

How was the Ride? I had planned on one this weekend. But not happening due to searching for our 16 year old dog, my fault( thought gate was closed after doing yard work). Maybe next weekend I will be headed out that direction to visit family for a little.

Blue Ridge parkwAy was amazing..didn't make it over to the Dragon, but made believers out of another group of Harleys...one of which was a vrod, his feelings got hurt...couldn't take the turns like the max and ate him up on a straight away :).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 19
Blue Ridge parkwAy was amazing..didn't make it over to the Dragon, but made believers out of another group of Harleys...one of which was a vrod, his feelings got hurt...couldn't take the turns like the max and ate him up on a straight away :).

Ha Ha Love it ! :clapping:

Back