Slave cylinder removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chasej94

Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried getting to my slave cylinder the other day and I have no idea how to get it out, it seems really far in. All help is appreciated

An impact tool is a good thing to use also. The bolts are hardened but if one gets stripped you will be in trouble. The bottom Allen bolt on the middle gear cover is the transmission oil drain (It has a copper crush washer).

An impact tool is a good thing to use also. The bolts are hardened but if one gets stripped you will be in trouble. The bottom Allen bolt on the middle gear cover is the transmission oil drain (It has a copper crush washer).

Yep, thanks for the confirmation of the info in the link. Lots of pics!

Really nice write-up by Fire-medic.

I chose to replace the clutch pushrod seal while I was doing my slave. I also noticed the push rod itself was pitted, so I replaced it for $8.00.

I found the slave was $94, so I rebuilt my old one. I resurfaced the corroded inside with sandpaper and it doesn't leak a drop now.

I used a T-Handle allen wrench to get out the allen screws on the slave because my allen socket was too fat to get in there.

Good luck. It's not a hard job, just requires a little patience like other jobs.

Thank you guys for the help! I ended up going in and cleaning it out for now. I'll ending up rebuilding it after winter. I will definitely be using this for help. Thank you guys again!

Back