Slow battery discharge problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got an r/r for an 06 FZ6, and wired it in.13.79/80 at idle, and the same at 3500+rpm

I would jump the fan and then see where the output voltage goes. If it drops below what you are reading now @ 2500RPM I think you will have problems in heavy traffic with bike stumbling at red lights and the famous hot start issue. Make sure your volt meter is calibrated and giving you accurate readings..........just my .02 cents on the issue, Joe

My fan is on a manual switch, and I did test it with the high beam on. Voltage went down a bit, then recovered

Thats what I thought too. I figured it was a little low at 13.8, not hitting the magical 14.5...But, seeing how solid it was at 13.8 throughout the rpm, and then seeing it recover pretty quickly when I hit the fan with the high beam told me it was worthy, so I did some trimming on it, and fit it into the rear portion of my left scoop by welding a small, and solid tab to the upper threaded scoop tab,and securing the r/r with a bolt into the regulator which I tapped threads into. Works pretty slick

Back