small bag or...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryu34

Reaction score
I'm new here and to the V-Max. I just bought my first one this winter, a 2003. I'm very very happy with it! I really like the look of the naked bike, but I'm finding myself looking for places to put things such as wallet, night vs day glasses, etc. I'm trying to find an inconspicuous bag or attachment to put small items into.

I just ordered the oem flyscreen, and I’m pretty nervous that it will change the look, but we’ll see.

Any suggestions?

manta tank bag, not the xl. Perfect for what you want.

Attachments

• 100_0183.jpg
    100_0183.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 66
this is what i have been usin. ocelot tailbag. got it from chapparal.com 34.95

fits great on the passenger seat.

Attachments

• ocelot.jpg
    ocelot.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 42
You got a 4 into 1 exhaust? One of those small fork bags that lots o people use would fit on the naked side of the swingarm.

I throw my wallet on top of the gas cap under the seat. I throw my paperwork for the bike in a ziplok and keep it in the toolpouch under passenger seat. If you can live without the toolkit you could keep glasses in there.

I have a sissybar on mine so if I need to take stuff I just hook my backpack up to it. I see that Kuryakyn has a really nice backpack thing that has a pocket on it and will fit over the sissy bar. Holds a bit of stuff. You can remove it and wear it around too. I believe its also expandadable. Not cheap though. Around 150 bucks. Morley Muscle can get Kuryakyn stuff about 20% off retail if your interested in that. I've been thinking about one.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I'm looking for something smaller. The fork bag may work, however I have the stock exhaust.

Thanks for the wallet on the gas cap trick, that works very well!.

I've yet to put the passenger seat off, is it easy to get to when on the road?

I've got a couple small leather bags one on each side of the seat that work pretty good for me. Keep all sorts of junk in them including cable lock, McGyver road kit, glasses, maps, etc.......

MyVmax6.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I'm looking for something smaller. The fork bag may work, however I have the stock exhaust.

Thanks for the wallet on the gas cap trick, that works very well!.

I've yet to put the passenger seat off, is it easy to get to when on the road?

I wasn't referring to removing the passenger seat while on the road. I was tryin got say that if you would be confident enough to cruise around w/o your toolkit you could remove it and throw some stuff in there. IE your spare glasses if you have a case for them.

On another note I believe you can purchase a quick release rear seat option from exactrep in the UK. It is supposed to allow you to put more stuff back there, loook stock, and open at the touch of a button. Don't see you being able to cram too much more in there but, it may be worth it to you or someone else.

I put full sized bags on mine. Also have a barrel bag and tank bag for long trips.

I used Hardley hangers to keep the bags off the shocks......works very well. Connected them to the holes where the rear turn signals were (relocated them to the fender to make room for the bags)

I also used some large black zip ties to the middle seat release mechanism and pulled them up under the edges of the seat. This made it so I didn't have to follow the tire up under the bags to locate them. After getting zapped with the exhaust one time, I learned my lesson. This rig works extremely well and can't be seen. I wish they'd actually thought of that when they designed the bike. Now I don't get road gunk on my hands when re-fueling.

Here's a pic:
vmaxdealsgap.jpg

I'm new here and to the V-Max. I just bought my first one this winter, a 2003. I'm very very happy with it! I really like the look of the naked bike, but I'm finding myself looking for places to put things such as wallet, night vs day glasses, etc. I'm trying to find an inconspicuous bag or attachment to put small items into.

I just ordered the oem flyscreen, and I?m pretty nervous that it will change the look, but we?ll see.

Any suggestions?
Yes I have one, Modify the hell out of it like the rest of us (go to the gallery here and feast your eyes on some of the bikes there cause` once you start you can`t stop. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
The vmax is a hot rod and nobody likes a naked hot rod. LOL:rofl_200::rofl_200:
<<Dave>>
P.S. WE are all here to help aech other, any question you have will be almost immeadatly answerd.
Welcome to the forum brother.:eusa_dance:

I've got a couple small leather bags one on each side of the seat that work pretty good for me. Keep all sorts of junk in them including cable lock, McGyver road kit, glasses, maps, etc.......

MyVmax6.jpg

Sorry brother , but that looks like a handbag to me . Ever thort of a small sissybar bag that doesnt require a rack ?:confused2::punk:

How about a picture of those rear turnsignals

I put full sized bags on mine. Also have a barrel bag and tank bag for long trips.

I used Hardley hangers to keep the bags off the shocks......works very well. Connected them to the holes where the rear turn signals were (relocated them to the fender to make room for the bags)

I also used some large black zip ties to the middle seat release mechanism and pulled them up under the edges of the seat. This made it so I didn't have to follow the tire up under the bags to locate them. After getting zapped with the exhaust one time, I learned my lesson. This rig works extremely well and can't be seen. I wish they'd actually thought of that when they designed the bike. Now I don't get road gunk on my hands when re-fueling.

Here's a pic:
vmaxdealsgap.jpg

I don't have a pic of it handy, but I'll get one for you. I drilled two holes in the rear fender and mounted them on it. Had to extend the stock wiring under the fender.....between the metal plate and the plastic. Really wasn't that hard to do. I used smaller signals than stock. I got the same ones for the front.....just haven't installed them yet.

The smaller signals are harder to see during the day, but at night they look good.

In the picture you can just barely see the right signal near the brake light.

Thanks guys for the suggestions, I'm very impressed with this forum and the people.

I was able to get my night glases in along with the tool kit! Now with the wallet on the gas cap, I'm just down to something for the cell phone. I'll post with what I end up with.

I'm off to start shopping for slip on exhaust now...

Back