So Ebay lies about purchase prices....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Not surprising..... but I bought a spare wheel for my ZX14.... I paid $124 shipped for it, Ebay has it listed as being sold for $154 plus shipping....

I had to double check because I thought I would not have paid that much for it. And in my payment order details, it says the correct amount, but look at the ebay listing and it says $154.

Go figure that out. Infating the prices to boost the market.

Hmmm.....

It probably helps them rachet up their 3% Paypal business, raise the low in low-ball offers, and trick people into setting artificially high starting bids. I've had relatively good luck on there recently, though.

Awesome.

I just checked on my purchases... all mine are what I paid for them... no difference...

That sounds like a mistake. I've sold hundreds of items over the years and have not seen that. Maybe a program glitch. The biggest problems I have had with eBay involve feedback. Their fees have gotten awful high also. The combined sellers fee for eBay and PayPal is about 15% of the total selling price. That is what happens when there is no competition!! :bang head:

I checked again today and its the same, no my purchase price. But some inflated price.....I am just glad my CC account doesn't show the inflated price or I would be pissed. But this is the first time I have seen this.

And yes selling stuff on there is stupid expensive. I rarely do it.

It would be nice if Craigslist could be searched as a whole for things instead of by city only.

Todd

All mine are also showing correct price. What's the ebay item link and maybe we can look at it?

Is this the one? If so there is definitely a problem with the way it's shown. I think maybe because you did a buy it now?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2537-09-Kaw...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It shows $152.45 and then also shows the $48 shipping. I think the shipping is included in the "sold for" price though it does look confusing. This wheel actually sold for $76.23 plus the ship cost of $48 which is about what you said you paid. You can see the price it actually sold for in the completed listings:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...3.TR0.TRC0.XZX-14+Rim&_nkw=ZX-14+Rim&_sacat=0

Yep thats the one.

I see maybe it was sold at a reduced "sale" price..... and maybe thats why its showing the higher price.

Interesting, so its more of a glitch in the system, then Ebay bs'ing something it looks like.

Interesting though none the less.

Todd

The only reason I got it was for a drag wheel. Plus it had a rotor and cush drive with rubbers inside. So its really swap and go ready. I have messing with rotor bolts and cush drives etc.

So I can put a gear on it for the track and leave the smaller tooth gear on the street tire. Basically I can probably go as many as 4 teeth different depending on what wheels base I want. Though going up at the track would shorten my wheel base, and then going small on the street would length my wheel base, kinda of the opposite of what I would want to do. So now that I think about it I ll probably just stay with the same gear so I can keep the wheel base identical , or atleast close.

Todd

Back