E-bay seller rant....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopcor

Reaction score
Ok, so I find a brand new, in the box backrest for my 2010 vmax on ebay. I purchased and paid for it, and a day later the guy tells me it's on backorder from Yamaha, and won't be released until April 24th, then who knows how much time for shipping.:bang head: He offers to refund my money, or I can wait for it, so I opt to have him refund it. I'm pissed that he knowingly sold a back-ordered item, so I sent him an email about it, and the next day he relists the SAME back-ordered item again? WTF? Is it just me? I've sold hundreds of items on Ebay since 1999, but have always actually had the item in hand when I listed it.... Am I off base here? He mentioned NOTHING in the ad about it being out of stock. How would you guys feel about this?

BTW- His reply to my email was that he actually has 10 of these on order with Yamaha, so obviously I'm not the only one he's done this to...:damn angry:

I think you're well within your rights to feel pissed.
My understanding of Ebay is that sellers should not be offering items that they don't have.
I could be wrong of course and I'm sure there are other sellers drop shipping.
If you read the fine print and find he's violating the terms and conditions you can always complain.

I think there are hundreds of ebay sellers doing the same thing. Not much different than placing the order at your local yamaha dealer, check back a week later, only to find out the very same thing.

I don't like it either, but there's a whole lot more in life to get madder about than this. Take snow - on a Vmax rally weekend - for instance.

Do yourself a favor and order any Gen 2 stuff you need from one of these 2 places:

http://yamahasportsplaza.com/

http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/

They have the best prices around and are very nice to deal with.

Stadium regulary has sales as well where you can take 10-15% off their already low prices. You just missed one, it ended on the 4th. :( They will have another coming up in the Spring I'm sure.

Mark

Thanks for the suggestions- I don't know if it's accepted standard procedure for E-bay but if you are selling something and know it's back ordered, tell me so I don't waste my time and yours. I will find what I want, I'm like a pit bull when I set my mind to it- Just pisses me off when people do this crap!

I just checked one of the Yamaha (Stadium) parts links, and they clearly state it's back ordered, so I can make my decision based on that from the start. Am I expecting to much???

Thanks for the suggestions- I don't know if it's accepted standard procedure for E-bay but if you are selling something and know it's back ordered, tell me so I don't waste my time and yours. I will find what I want, I'm like a pit bull when I set my mind to it- Just pisses me off when people do this crap!

I just checked one of the Yamaha (Stadium) parts links, and they clearly state it's back ordered, so I can make my decision based on that from the start. Am I expecting to much???

I dont think that your expecting too much. All that your looking for is honesty in dealing with someone.

Yea right or wrong, I would be a might miffed too, and I also would have taken the refund.

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk

At times in the past, I've sent a quick question to an Ebay seller asking them specifically whether or not they had an item in stock, if I want it fast, because this has happened to me before as well. (and I wasn't happy either) Most dealers will get right back to you when you ask. In fact, as I recall, the very last time I sent queries to that effect was when ordering my Gen II matching luggage rack for that same backrest you are not trying to order. Took about 3 attempts, and an extra $10.00 higher sale price, before I found a seller that had the rack in stock.

There's a lot of this going on lately with ebay. I had guy on ebay told me after, I won his items he needed 4 weeks before he can send it out. So I email him back for his number. But he would not send me his number. Only emails so I told him just give me my money back. He did not respond so i file a complaint with ebay, they told me it was to soon to file on him. So I went to paypal - paypal said the same thing. So I contacted my bank and they went through the motions 4 days and I got my money back.

The crazy thing about this I ask the selling can he ship it next day air and I would cover the cost. He said yes, if I win the item and when he receives payment....

true that there are better things to be mad about, but you are 100% correct ti be pissed about this. man I would do everything within my abilities to get him booted, like filing a formal complaint and submitting negative reviews.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

If you don't need the actual Yamaha version, you could try one of mine, I have them in stock. http://www.cycle-istic.com/Misc.html

Back