So pumped, picking up my new (to me) V-max this afternoon.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acammer

Reaction score
Well, I've been watching the weather for days on end waiting for a warm enough, dry enough, rained enough the day before so there is no salt on the roads kinda day to pick up my new to me 2002 Max from the dealer. Although its a bit overcast right now, only 45* out, it's not suppose to rain at all until 6pm. I can't wait any longer!! So I'm going over to the dealer at 2pm and bringing Mr. Max on home. I've never had any seat time on a Max, didn't even test ride this one, so I'm looking forward to finally experiencing this thing, after owning it for the last 2 months and only being able to dream about it. I'll look to report in this evening, if I can get myself to stop riding.

Awesome! Remember cold tires and sand left over on the road equates to bad driving conditions.

be aware and have fun!

congrats man and ya be careful it can be a hand full real fast if your twisting it lots. also if its not running right take it back to them and get them to getting running right. im sure if you bring it home and wait 2 months they wont do anything for ya. i can imagine sitting in the shop for a while might have gummed up carbs. how long was it there before you bought it?

oh ya pics man pics when you get her home.

congrats man and ya be careful it can be a hand full real fast if your twisting it lots. also if its not running right take it back to them and get them to getting running right. im sure if you bring it home and wait 2 months they wont do anything for ya. i can imagine sitting in the shop for a while might have gummed up carbs. how long was it there before you bought it?

oh ya pics man pics when you get her home.

It was there for about 6wks, and its sat for another 6wks - looks to have been actively riden up until it was sold, the buyer had it on Craigslist before trading it in for a (gasp) Harley. It's an '02 with 19k on it, very clean, and is trimmed out for cruising - highway pegs, OE screen and OE backrest - so my hope is that this bike was a fairly daily driver up until about 3-4 months ago, and it won't need anything major from sitting. I definitely was leery about buying without a test ride, or even hearing it run, the dealership claims they will honor any reasonable problems I find with it. One of my best friends is a 15 year veteran at that dealer, so if there are issues, we'll get it right.

+1 on cold tires, salt/sand, and idiots all around, I ride heads up 100% of the time, and don't plan on exploring any limits on this until the roads are better for it. I really want to get it home so I can get the OE back-rest sold to fund a set of slip-on's, I'd like to have that all squared, along with fresh oil and anything else it might need, by the time its actually nice enough to bring out.

Yea, there is one on fleabay right now @ 460 so I will try to pick up the losing bidder. At the dealership now...

Well, I've been watching the weather for days on end waiting for a warm enough, dry enough, rained enough the day before so there is no salt on the roads kinda day to pick up my new to me 2002 Max from the dealer. Although its a bit overcast right now, only 45* out, it's not suppose to rain at all until 6pm. I can't wait any longer!! So I'm going over to the dealer at 2pm and bringing Mr. Max on home. I've never had any seat time on a Max, didn't even test ride this one, so I'm looking forward to finally experiencing this thing, after owning it for the last 2 months and only being able to dream about it. I'll look to report in this evening, if I can get myself to stop riding.

Be careful in the turns. Not having ridden a v max before, you may notice a wobble sensation in the front end that you won't be used to. Congrats on the new ride!!!

Last edited:
The max is home. What a machine! Wow, it runs perfect, not a single hiccup. The power is so smooth, pulls in any gear at any rpm, and really pulls like a monster once the revs clear 5500. Does roll on wheelies with ease. I was surprised how well the rear tire hooks up, if it does anything it lifts the front.

The back rest is already off and should hit eBay this weekend, can't wait to actually be able to hear this thing with pipes!

The max is home. What a machine! Wow, it runs perfect, not a single hiccup. The power is so smooth, pulls in any gear at any rpm, and really pulls like a monster once the revs clear 5500. Does roll on wheelies with ease. I was surprised how well the rear tire hooks up, if it does anything it lifts the front.

The back rest is already off and should hit eBay this weekend, can't wait to actually be able to hear this thing with pipes!

Awesome!!! Congrats!

I will try and get some pictures in the next few days - I gotta crush it at work this week so I can take a little time off. Ordered my Super-trapp's and open end caps from Sean this morning, looks like I'll be waiting a few weeks, but that's not a huge deal as it'll give me a chance to get used to the bike, and appreciate the pipes even more. Windscreen is coming off this weekend.

Congrats and enjoy.

Take it easy till you get used to it...I didn't even leave the nieghborhood with mine for several weeks after buying it, it had been several years since I was on a big streetbike I wasn't comfortable with the slow speed manuevarability 9sp?) of a 600 pound beast.

Beware the mod monkey....:biglaugh:

Congrats and enjoy.

Take it easy till you get used to it...I didn't even leave the nieghborhood with mine for several weeks after buying it, it had been several years since I was on a big streetbike I wasn't comfortable with the slow speed manuevarability 9sp?) of a 600 pound beast.

Beware the mod monkey....:biglaugh:

Definitely not getting too out of hand to quickly... but this isn't my first road bike either. I was commuting around 8k annually for a few years, this is just my first V-max, after being motorcycle-less for about a year. I bought the ultimate hooligan motorcycles for a reason - to have some fun! The 'max handles great compared to some of the cruisers I've had, feels real good to me. It'll be doing my 30 mile each way commute daily once these temperatures start breaking 45* by the time I leave in the morning.

Back