Sold my bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgswss

Reaction score
Well it looks like I won't be seeing any of you on rides this year. I sold my bike. Now I can get a house, but I know that it is most likely the last bike I will have.

Nice. good luck with the house craig.

You never know, fate might throw a good curve ball in your direction. Buddy of mine just one a brand new 2014 Harley Heritage Softail in a drawing. He is picking it up and taking it to the local BMW dealer to trade it straight up for a 2014 Adventure 1200 GS. He always saw me on my bikes and didnt think he would ever again,you never know what the future holds.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that Craig but a place to live is pretty high on the must have list. Hope you get another bike in the future.

Glad you were able to sell so you can get into a house. I hope it turns out for the best. Keep us in the loop and hope you can stick around here to keep contributing.

Craig, tough decision, but the right one. But Lots of good memories that you'll be able to keep however with the rich history you and your VMax shared ! Thanks again for joining us on the Mi thumb ride last season. It was a pleasure meeting you. Hope you stop by the forum from time to time to let us know how you are doing.

MI has a lot of good deals on the used-bike scene. I scope 'em out sometimes, even though I live 1200 mi away. I still have lots of friends in MI and if I found something I couldn't live w/o, I could just call one to help me w/the logistics. That-said, I don't think I will be buying anything up there anytime-soon. It's always fun to look for the bargains, though.

I think it would be cool to have a nice, clean SOHC 750 Honda, stock, to ride in season. I have one just sitting waiting for a chance to do something w/it, and another I own w/a friend.

After you get settled, and have a bit of toy-fund $, I bet you can find something you could afford, maybe w/some sweat-equity. I know you have a long history w/bikes. Be patient.

Well that is what got me back into this to begin with. A guy moved in not far away and unloaded a '81 honda piece of lawn art. I bought it from him for a couple hundred got the motor to break loose then rebuild it. Used e-pay to get used parts, did some body work to bump out the tank and ended up with a real nice bike for about $800 plus my labor. I sold it for $1500 and bought my '97. The '97 was my 3rd V-max.

Attachments

• 81honda.jpg
    81honda.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 19
Back