Some Carb Questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmax06

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought an 06 Vmax with 5500 miles on it. It is stock (as far as I know) except a set of Supertrapp slip ons with closed endcaps. Do you think I need to rejet for the slip ons? Can somebody tell me a little more about the carb syncing and checking the vboost cable ect? It seems to run really really well, no hesitations of any kind. Every once in a while when its hot and you give the engine a quick rev you will get a burp through one of the carbs but it is very minor and its only done it twice,. The first time i wasnt even sure what it was. I was also thinking about going with the discs and open endcaps on those trapps, but I dont really want to rejet since the bike seems to run really well. This is my first max so I am looking for some help. Thanks.

Hiya,

you do not need to re-jet for slip-ons, only if you fit a full exhaust system.

Carb sync is VERY important to the bike running well, and should be checked often. It literally only takes 5mns to do, but you do need a sync tool, either something a like CarbTune, or these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0447391101&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If you know anyone near you with a Max, I'm sure they would be happy to help ya with sync or even do it for you, it really is that quick and easy.

For the Vboost cable adjustment, get yourself the Vmax Service Manual, you can download it FOC from www.vmaxoutlaw.com

About the 'burp', I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can run a small amount of SeaFoam or similar product in a full tank of gas every now and then, or do the shotgun and/or peashooter cleaning methods if you feel like it. Just search for those here - there are instructions with pictures.

:punk: Yes, don't mess with it. Ride it and enjoy it for a while before altering it. Welcome and Good Luck, Spurs

Back