Soon on the road again!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilkka

Reaction score
Summer is coming early to the Scandinavia, at least that?s what it looks like. To be quickly on the road I had to make a path to the icy courtyard. I call it the "Wishfull thinking" path :snow:

I wonder how it is in Canada and Northern parts of U.S., same or better?

Attachments

• wishfull thinking.jpg
    wishfull thinking.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 34
I only speak for my part of the northern US "Lower Michigan" We didn't have much of a winter this year at all, in fact, summer like temps in early March got a bunch of us out on the road! I hope things warm up for you soon too!............................Tom.

Well for my area we only had two snow falls and neither of them lasted, I was able to ride all Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb here other than a few days and as far a temps it never really dipped down into the cold for very long a couple days here and there. We normally see snow and ice and have freezing temps here, do not last long but we do get it. Not this year we missed that boat, and I can tell the bugs are going to bad this year. I just took a 400 mile trip and my wind screen was covered will bugs.

Nice weather???
Depends on where in the US your talking about. Here in the forest above Reno Nv. we are getting more snow last night and this morning. The" Miricale March" is is just ending and the April Fools joke is on me--- thinking I could start riding on a regular basis.
But the ski season is still on :eusa_dance:. Some of the resorts around here are xtending thier operating dates for a few extra weeks, a good thing.
Lew

WOW! We never even had what you would call a winter. Our winter here in Texas is more likely than not what you would call a fine day to ride!

WOW! We never even had what you would call a winter. Our winter here in Texas is more likely than not what you would call a fine day to ride!
We usually have like 25 inches snow + up to -31 F cold and this will take from four to to five months of the year. No sun light during that time. Welcome to Finland :biglaugh:
I guess I need to join the VMax Riders for the Global Warming...

WoW, welcome to Finland, better had go with a v-max snowmobile. And sounds you better have a heated seat and handle grips to go with it.

We usually have like 25 inches snow + up to -31 F cold and this will take from four to to five months of the year. No sun light during that time. Welcome to Finland :biglaugh:
I guess I need to join the VMax Riders for the Global Warming...

DAMN! That makes me wonder....At what point does oil freeze??
I applaud you for being able to handle a winter like that. If it drops below freezing I disappear. Of course I grew up in the southern California desert and would rather be in 115* heat than even 45* cold

DAMN! That makes me wonder....At what point does oil freeze??
I applaud you for being able to handle a winter like that. If it drops below freezing I disappear. Of course I grew up in the southern California desert and would rather be in 115* heat than even 45* cold
LOL, I'm the polar opposite. (see what I did there:biglaugh:) I ride in 45 degree weather quite often in the spring and fall. I have ridden to work in 20 degree weather when I knew it was going to get up to 50 later in the day.

And sounds you better have a heated seat and handle grips to go with it.
Yeah, we do all that and we know what layering means cos we do it in the middle of the summer too :rofl_200:

Attachments

• takki.jpg
    takki.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 5
LOL, I'm the polar opposite. (see what I did there:biglaugh:) I ride in 45 degree weather quite often in the spring and fall. I have ridden to work in 20 degree weather when I knew it was going to get up to 50 later in the day.

hahaha good one! Dont get me wrong Ill ride in the cooler weather but I dont like it as much

783B4D9002A78D63746E0441AB1ACDA5.jpg

For that 25 inches of snow I would be sporting one of these. I would love to have one but we do not get much in snow, sometimes we get a nice snow that last for a few day to a week, but would fall apart from the lack of use here.

Sure PD, snowmobiles are very popular here. I run a hotel called Vuoksenhovi in a small city of Imatra and a snowmobile route comes straight to our courtyard. It looks nice when we have a lot of customers having beer and their rides are in front of the hotel. (non alcohol beer! of course...)
In Northern Finland, Lapland, they have pretty nothing else to do in winter. Their summer is so short that you wouldn?t notice it. They even have a big ice fishing contest in late June...!
Once a tourist asked a Lapp called Aslak: "How you spend your time in very short summer of Lapland?" Aslak said: "Well, we fish and try to get laid." Tourist got little embarrassed but asked: "Ok, that?s fine and what do you do during a very long and cold winter?" Aslak thought a while and said: "Well, we fish less...":punk:

Attachments

• Lapps.JPG
    Lapps.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 8
We average around 130" (328cm) of snow per year, average low temps 30*/ record low -37 */avg high temps 49*/ record high 98*. and lots of bugs June and July!

LOL, I'm the polar opposite. (see what I did there:biglaugh:) I ride in 45 degree weather quite often in the spring and fall.

Same here 45 degrees F is usually my cut off Temp though, colder than that and my hands end up numb.

I grew-up by Lake Ontario and don't miss the winters, but I did like the oncoming spring. It made me want to be done w/school and to get ready for a summer of fun! What's better than getting on your bicycle and riding home on that last day of school during the years before you are old enough to drive? The whole summer awaits!

You never know what the weather will bring. One year, an April snowstorm caused all the buds to suffer on our apple trees in our yard. My Mom painted an oil painting of the budding tree on one side, surrounded by snow, and called it, "April Fool's." She probably did that about 47 years ago, she died 33 years ago, and one of my siblings still has that painting. I recall watching her paint it.

I hope you fellows 'up north' don't get "April Fool'ed!"

Don't pity the guy. They have beautiful women in Finland. Been there twice before. Had a friend in JKL and Turku. Friend in JKL drank himself to death though. They love to drink there as well.

Back