Spark Plug Reading Please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikedave99

Reaction score
I was hoping one of the carb gurus out there would read my plugs and let me know what you think. Heading on a trip tomorrow and just wanted to get an idea.I have suspected rich as if I warm up with the choke too long sometimes I seem to foul out a plug for a little while. What do you think:
IMAG0282.jpg

Hard to give an exact reading, monitors are set up different and photos can change colors from what you see in person. Not to mention that track driven plugs will color differently than street driven, due to the lack of stop and go, idleing and W/O throttle. But from the photos I'd say;

• Ground strap looks good, a nice ash to tan color
  • Procelain looks good, no signs of detonation
  • Base-ring shows your a little on the rich side, but not too bad.
All and all, I think they look pretty decent.

Thanks a lot guys! You are quick! Definitely not a track driven bike, heck, I'm cuing up the saddle bags for a weekend trip with the misses... The plugs were different from what I was expecting in some senses though. They are an NGK Type R, and took an 18mm socket to pull instead of the 5/8 likes have traditionally used in the max. Again, thanks a lot guys! wish I could come to Topeka to dyno test with a sniffer, but I may have found a shop in nashville that will do it.

Back