sport tail installation

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Finished installing the Artifabras Sport tail that I traded my factory sissybar for.

The Artifabras is by no means a high quality piece when examinded closely; the fiberglass has a lot of imperfections in it that could be mended if I ever decide to repaint it or the whole bike but for now I just went with it the way I got it and hope the black paint job matches the carbon fiber OK.

I reused the turn and tail light assembly I had previously made for the old fender and just fabricated new mounting brackets to hang it on the license plate tab on the new sport tail. I wired up ALL the lights in the sport tail for use as "always on" running lights. Not sure about the legality of "always on" yellow side markers that are also visible from the rear but If I have to I'll wire the side markers up as turn signals as well.

In any case it really changes the look Of the bike and also complements the scoops and headlight I'm running as well.

It also took about another 5lbs off the bike, I'm down to 590 wet now (wet being "on the reserve light" which is how I weigh it at the strip.)

Attachments

• sporttail1rs.JPG
    sporttail1rs.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 84
  • sporttail2rs.JPG
    sporttail2rs.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 95
  • sporttail3rs.JPG
    sporttail3rs.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 89
  • sporttail4rs.JPG
    sporttail4rs.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 155
Looks good Rusty. Mind if I live with you for awhile? We have several inches of snow on the ground and my wife won't let me get a snowmobile or 4-wheeler.

Mark

Looks good Rusty. Mind if I live with you for awhile? We have several inches of snow on the ground and my wife won't let me get a snowmobile or 4-wheeler.

Mark

Thanks,

No problem, come on down!

My lawn really is that green still although I think I've mowed it for the last time I hope.

PS

"my wife won't let me get a snowmobile or 4-wheeler"

It's better to ask forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.:whistlin:

Later,

Rusty

Mark

As a new dad, you can start using your son to your advantage! As soon as he can talk, you get him to tell mom that he wants a (insert motorized toy here) and dad needs one too so he can teach me! :biglaugh:

Back