stack's screens

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
Had some spare time today and finally got around to making some screens.

Attachments

• 001 (Large).jpg
    001 (Large).jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 013 (Large).jpg
    013 (Large).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 116
This thread could go under the recent "cool or lame" thread.
My old Triumph had to have functional filters over the velocity stacks but for our Max they are just Bling factor. I like what I have seen on Harleys. A thick woven wire mesh chromed and held by a rubber ring. Obviously no foam filter material needed it would probably look even better on our bikes. On an off note, i'm starting a collection to move Jedi and Prez to the USA , maybe Whichita and put them to work in a machine shop. Anybody else in? LOL
PATMAX

Looks great. Is that a rubber ring with the screen attached? Do they just slip inside the stacks?

Not the screens. Was just thinking about you when he posted these. Steve needs to let me know if he's going to make them available to me and I'll get you some pricing. I like them though!

Sean

Looks great. Is that a rubber ring with the screen attached? Do they just slip inside the stacks?

Made in 2 pieces using Acetal. They can fit a couple of ways, I machined a groove on the outer ring which can take an "o: ring or smear some silicon into the groove
and seat it that way.

The stacks I made for my xv1100 are basically the same as the ones I do for the vmax so I needed to make something functional as the xv stacks actually do something and I had get around to making them as the bike is now functional.

Attachments

• 001 (Large).jpg
    001 (Large).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 003 (Large).jpg
    003 (Large).jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 35
This thread could go under the recent "cool or lame" thread.
My old Triumph had to have functional filters over the velocity stacks but for our Max they are just Bling factor. I like what I have seen on Harleys. A thick woven wire mesh chromed and held by a rubber ring. Obviously no foam filter material needed it would probably look even better on our bikes. On an off note, i'm starting a collection to move Jedi and Prez to the USA , maybe Whichita and put them to work in a machine shop. Anybody else in? LOL
PATMAX
Where is Prez? Haven't seen him post in a while.:ummm:

So, when are these gonna be available? I want a set of these and the smooth crankcase breather covers. Everything going to be through Sean?

So, when are these gonna be available? I want a set of these and the smooth crankcase breather covers. Everything going to be through Sean?

About a week to get stuff finished. Sean has a bunch of stuff heading his way now but includes the etched crank breather covers.

Back