Stage 7 Incomplete install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like you have pretty well overhauled the carbs, I would check the diaphrams and fuel filter and carb sync. Another suggestion, would be to take the filters off, start bike and check diaphram movement and check to see if there is fuel flowing from needles at idle. If there is, it either needs adjustment, idle circuits need to be cleaned or wear. Another thing to check to see if each needle is seated properly.

How the the plugs look?

Good Luck

Mike

The plugs look good lightish brown. I will check this over the wekend. Thanks for the tips. It's just one of those things that drive you crazy, short trip for me.

I believe I found the issue. This has to be the strangest I have yet to find! The 4 brass (I think) air fittings all have hairline cracks. It might have been someone playing a trick on the person I got the bike from. I bet this is why he sold it. I just happen to have the carbs on the bench and looked at one of them just kind of staring out in to space and I saw it.

I used some sealer to seal them up temporarily. What a difference.

Thanks to all for their help

Great! I'm not sure what you mean by air fittings? Float bowl vent tubes maybe?

Latest posts

Back