stage 7 is in

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan

Reaction score
Well gang,took the plunge and put in a stage 7 with my holeshot exhaust. Want to give a huge thanks and thumbs up to those who helped and gave me tips.Guys like Shawn,Mark,Paul,Gary and a host of others make things much better and easier for guys like me.
As i had told them,i'am not completely dialed in yet but hopefully close. It yanks super hard up through the first 3 gears but in the top 2 gears there is a sputter in the upper mid range,then she gets out of it and yanks like hell again.At 3000 feet elevation , runnin mikuni 152.5's and needles on 4th clip.Unfortunately did not get to have the carbs synched as my mechanic was waiting on his new synchers that did not arrive.hope that gets some of it out. will keeps ya's posted after the next tweak.
DW

Dylan,
I have the same problem with that sputter in the top gears on my bike with the stage 7 and holeshot exhaust.
If you figure out how to straighten up the problem let me know please.
I think i'm on the third clip & it's pretty good but not perfect.
Bill

Could you be a little more specific?What rpm,steady cruizin or hard acceleration?I was having some trouble too till I figured out that I had a cracked vboost boot.It was driving me nuts.
The easiest thing to try is moving the clips.Mine are on the 4 clip now,Fourth from the blunt end.Bill,you are in good hands with Paul nearby but Dylan you are all alone.I wouldn't be afraid to talk to Dale Walker,he loves to talk and I am sure he knows how to tune his pipe.
It sounds to me like you both need to try a clip richer on the needles.
Dylan are your boots and diaphrams in good shape?No cracks or tears?Sucking air is a bitch.It can make tuning impossilble till it is repaired.My plugs were reading good with 150mk mains but it was popping through the pipes when cranking it wide open,worse when it was cold.It acted lean but I was chasing the jetting all over till I finally saw the problem.I repaired it with silicone till my new boots come and it runs good again.

I like my stage 7 with the ind filters. Works a lot smoother with t-boost

well,my bike is runnin real good with my stage 7.I think there is still some fine tuning left,but no burps or hiccups or huge flat spots. It's a little moody when warming up in the morning.Takes longer to get to optimal temp for some reason and if it's not there she may burp a bit but once warmed up she runs strong.
hoping this week to make a dyno run or 2 and them hoping this friday night to make some passes at the drag strip. Hopin for low 11's and if conditions are perfect with no wind and cool a break into the 10.90's.not holdin my breath on that one but i know how to get down a drag strip so hopin that will help.

Back