start idle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S10VMAX

Reaction score
when I start my bike I need to hold the throtle open some to get it to start.some times you need to rev it a couple time before it will idle by itself.is this tipical for a vmax?it even dose the same thing with the choke on.dose anyone have some input on this :hmmm:

Mine's the same way. I don't have to give it much at all mind you, but still some nonetheless.

I just chalked it up to the fact that it's a carb'd motor. I'm no expert though. Just throwing in my feedback.

When it's fully warmed up what's it idling at? It should above 1050 or so I think. If it's too low it can be difficult to get it to idle even with the idle enrichment/choke on. If the synch is way off it might also effect it?? (opinions?)

Rusty

I would check throttle cables, idle thumb screw (as Rusty said), sync, fuel filter and mixture screws.

Mark

I'm so used to my FI bike that when it cranks for a while I get nervous...

I tweak the throttle slightly when turning it over and it seems to start better as well...

I purposly have my idle low though... 900-950:whistlin:

According to the Yamaha manual, it's 1000 +/- 50 RPM. That's assuming it's a stock setup so I'm not sure you can make that assumption with a mod'd setup.

According to the Yamaha manual, it's 1000 +/- 50 RPM. That's assuming it's a stock setup so I'm not sure you can make that assumption with a mod'd setup.

as far as I no the only mods done to my bike are k&n air filter ...bafles have been taken out of the exhuast...and slightl jetting

Latest posts

Back