Starting gremlin

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are priceless LOL..

K, I'll vent too then:

having just got an email telling me my Max will be arriving in Brisbane late February, I then got a job offer in Bristol (UK) I could not refuse. Going to be part of the team making the music for the next Halo game - Halo 4.
But, it's for 6-8 weeks starting Feb 1st, so not only I have to leave the gorgeous sunshine of the western Aussie summer for the freezing grey of western England, but it's more than likely my bike will get delivered here while I'm still away!!:bang head::damn angry:
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif

PS to admins: great starter mod Dano posted - can we make that a sticky somewhere?

Sucks to be us.

You guys are priceless LOL..

K, I'll vent too then:

having just got an email telling me my Max will be arriving in Brisbane late February, I then got a job offer in Bristol (UK) I could not refuse. Going to be part of the team making the music for the next Halo game - Halo 4.
But, it's for 6-8 weeks starting Feb 1st, so not only I have to leave the gorgeous sunshine of the western Aussie summer for the freezing grey of western England, but it's more than likely my bike will get delivered here while I'm still away!!:bang head::damn angry:
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif

PS to admins: great starter mod Dano posted - can we make that a sticky somewhere?
That sucks ! Guess I will have to have a drink for you & make it all better. Maybe we can get Bazwell to get your bike & tell us if it will do wheelies. Now come on fellows I know some one else has something they need to vent about. Dont be scared we might make fun of you but tyats ok.:rofl_200::rofl_200:

got it. ed's post on dan's fix. should it go in electrical or engine ya think?

I think that starter clutch posts are generally in engine section.

Saturday was too hot to go in the shed. Sunday I was too hung over to bother.
Didn't get anything done. Pfft. Apathy.
Did you do yours Kyle?

I think that starter clutch posts are generally in engine section.

Saturday was too hot to go in the shed. Sunday I was too hung over to bother.
Didn't get anything done. Pfft. Apathy.
Did you do yours Kyle?
Nope had someother stuff to work on & then took a break to Hang out with friends. Now I have a couple more bikes that showed up & need work so mine is gonna be waiting again.

Hey I just joined the forum, but I have had 5 vmaxes since 1987

The electrical stuff has been an issues Starter problems were getin me stuck for years on my 85 and 86 vmaxes. I put on about 50k on 3 diff vmaxes it is crazy fun.
But I heard that early year starters were week. So took the starter off my 95 vmax and it starts the 85 and 86 vmax quickly. Does anybody know about this starter upgrade??
Also read up on recifier, r1 , I plan to go with a mosfet not doide bridge . What is the best way to tell the differance??

Hey I just joined the forum, but I have had 5 vmaxes since 1987

The electrical stuff has been an issues Starter problems were getin me stuck for years on my 85 and 86 vmaxes. I put on about 50k on 3 diff vmaxes it is crazy fun.
But I heard that early year starters were week. So took the starter off my 95 vmax and it starts the 85 and 86 vmax quickly. Does anybody know about this starter upgrade??
Also read up on recifier, r1 , I plan to go with a mosfet not doide bridge . What is the best way to tell the differance??
The newer starters are a 4 brush design & the olders are 2 sometimes the old starters just need taking apart & a good cleaning. As far as the RR the new styles 96 & up seem to work fine .

Back