Stator output?!?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstyn8

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the stator output is? If I am measuring right I think I am only getting 2.4VAC out of the Stator. I just want to make sure it is suppose to be AC voltage correct?? I'm thinking the stator is bad. I ohmed the leads to each other and they all read 1.3ohms. I am thinking that it is probably bad because i think I read somewhere that it is suppose to be less than 1 ohm between the three wires. Any help would be appreciated. especially since I just had a R/R shipped with overnight saturday delivery from the dealer.:bang head:

The stator output is indeed AC. You should be getting between 0 and about 50V when revving the engine, between any two of the three wires.

so I shoudn't read VAC from wire to ground?

just measured line to line and got .07 VAC even while revving.....its not looking good.

1.3 Ohms is fine. It should be between .5 and 2.0 Ohms.

You are measuiring VAC incorrectly. Measure between 2 of 3 stator wires. Rev bike to 5K and each of the three legs should be at least 50 VAC AND all three should have pretty close to the same reading.

Also be careful, you will get electrocuted once revving means the output goes over 24 VAC!

I just did that last week lol..

Back