Sticker Removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonoran6

Reaction score
I hate this sticker
mailgooglecom.jpg

Whats the best/easiest way to remove it?

I used a heat gun, then goo gone to clean it up.
After that I hit it with a good polishing wax.

I removed my friend Sam's sticker on his '02 last year, it left a little rectangle in the paint. I hit it with some rubbing compound and wax, all is good.

IMO, a Heat Gun might be too much heat for the finish if your not careful. I just used my wife's hair dryer on low setting to warm up / soften the adhesive on the sticker. Then slowly used my fingernail to peel off the sticker. Then like KJ said, used goo-gone to clean things up.

Awesome, got the sticker and all the extra glue off. As for the remaining rectangle in my clear coat.. all I have on hand is a dremel with buffer pads and the little red brick of polishing compound that came with it. Will that work? I also have meguiars wax

Oooh weeeeeeeee I wish I would have been told NOT to use my dremel with buffer pad and polishing compound... Took the rectangle out of my clear coat but also messed up the finish. Now I've got a faded rectangle that won't go away no matter how much wax I rub on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think posative. You just got more storage space. Tank bag to cover it up. Lots of nice ones pick from.

Oooh weeeeeeeee I wish I would have been told NOT to use my dremel with buffer pad and polishing compound... Took the rectangle out of my clear coat but also messed up the finish. Now I've got a faded rectangle that won't go away no matter how much wax I rub on it.

I wish I would have read this before you did it. The dremel and the pad spin pretty quick even on the low setting and can burn the finish. The polishing compound is normally meant for metal.

You might be able to get away with some 1200-2000 sand paper. Get it wet and color sand the finish, then buff it out.

I do it similarly as this guy, 'cept I don't go all the way to a 3000 sand paper. again be careful with the high speed so it don't burn your finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adWpfu-HWtU

Here is another autobody guy that had great results from color sanding and buffing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIYPCMaItnA&feature=related

Bugger! Shame I didn't see this. I would have said NO to the dremel!
Maybe you can still cut it? Might not be all over.

Oh, and I'm with the hair dryer. Heat gun too risky for me.

Man, what a bummer! The sticker removal was the FIRST thing i did when i got my max. I used a hair dryer, but this is obviously too late for you. I did not use any dremmel or "polishing compound" to remove the "rectangle" left behind.
I want to say, don't EVER use "polishing compound" on new finish, especially one's with clearcoats, or else, well you see what can happen (although the dremmel likely didn't help either)
Anyway, how to 'fix" the finish? I have ALWAYS achieved excellent results with LIQUID GLASS POLISH. It will not harm surfaces like a " polishing compound." Give LIQUID GLASS a try, i believe this may remedy your bike's finish, but my require some effort. Here are some hints FOR LIQUID GLASS: shake can well; apply lightly in back/forth motion, not circular; buff out; repeat and slightly more pressure can be applied for each subsequent application; best results when done by hand.
If the LIQUID GLASS is not successful on your bike, use the rest next time you polish other vehicles.
Check out LIQUID GLASS-let us know how you make out. Good luck.
http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Glass-LG-100-Ultimate-Polish/product-reviews/B0002JMIEK

try using a hot air gun or a hair drier. when its removed wipe down with adhesive remover. it works for the guys in our body shop

Back