stock, but has always run rich at idle...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my manual out last night....the chart is as follows for carb sync: first 600 miles or 1st month...then every 4000 miles or 6 months thereafter. I will check the carbs, but I can generally get 130/150 miles before I have to switch to reserve,(combo highway&city) which is hard to be angry about. "Don't worry, you wont be smellin it much longer"..... Thats an awesome way to look at it dannymax! Thanks again for the input guys...

then your reserve light is messed up. since you said you were getting 40 mpg if you light comes on at 140 miles you are almost out of fuel :confused2:. I usualy can put in 3.2 or more when my light comes on. That would be 128 miles. Mine sometimes will actualy come on and take 3.0 gallons.

On another not you need to ride that friken thing lol do not be afraid to twist the throttle a time or two on tour rides.

My bike also runs a little rich at idle, but runs great otherwise.......

I just don't let it idle much......

I treat it like the old hotrods we used to build with big carbs that would load up.....

Just blip the throttle every so often......It sounds good too:eusa_dance:

I can always run 120-130 miles in the city....and 130 up on the highway...2 factors though, I do ride with a light throttle and I am not a heavyweight at 162 lbs. When I do fill up it usually takes 3.3 to 3.5 (U.S.) gallons....maybe the reserve light IS a little off! I did the stock exhaust mod last night....drilled out the rivits and then started small with 1/4 inch drill instead of the 1/2 inch diameter that some guys are doing. The bike sounds SWEET.

I had my exhausts drilled last year coming out of the winter thaw. It sounded a lot better for sure but after a while I began to feel it felt a little flat performance wise
In the previous year with a larger windshield I was able to hit ~150 on my speedometer. After drilling my exhaust I was fighting to get over 140, highest I saw the needle was 142-143 mph. I had a smaller windshield, forks lowered 2" and drag bars all of which should have reduced my frontal area a little at least.:ummm:
I guess I'll see what she does this year with new exhaust, carbs, jet kit, COP's and me a few lbs lighter. :confused2:
I hope my mileage gets better than roughly 30 mpg I get. I may have made 35 mpg once but I only check mileage once in a while. If I'm near a gas station and over 80 miles into a tank I'll fill up. It's a long walk between houses and no cell service for about 6 miles on one of my favorite roads to ride.

just took the plugs out and checked them....strange looking...sooty on the outside and tan/almost white in the center????

Latest posts

Back