stock Tires and pressure?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06x6spdGTO

Reaction score
i was wondering what you normally run for tire pressure in a stock rim and tire set up. both front and rear!! also do you change pressures later in the year as the weather warm up or just run the same all the time.

i was wondering what you normally run for tire pressure in a stock rim and tire set up. both front and rear!! also do you change pressures later in the year as the weather warm up or just run the same all the time.

When I was stock I usually ran around 36-38 on the ME880.

When headed to the hills I'd drop it to around 35.

Don't really have any empirical reason for it tho'

Rusty

Last edited:
Your suppose to check the cold tire pressure when the outside temp is the same as the air temp inside the tire. - I know it sounds retarted.... it says to run 33 front and rear, but you can increase the rear to 36 if you have a passenger and luggage. You should check now and again and try to maintain that pressure the best you can. You can switch to nitrgen instead of air if you wish to maintain a more constant pressure. ( nitrogen isn't effected by temp changes as air is ) However, its not essential either.

Front is factoru size
Metzler ME880 35 PSI all yr round

Rear 170 80 15
Shinko 17 PSI all yr round

33 LBS , FRONT & REAR , COLD YEAR-ROUND ! JUST BECAUSE ITS MY LUCKY NUMBER ! "LOL" THATS MY REASON ! & WITH ALL THE IDIOTS ON THE ROAD IN NEW JERSEY , I NEED ALL THE LUCK I CAN GET ! 3 DEAD ON BIKES IN THE LAST MONTH , WITHIN 20 MILES OF MY HOUSE , & 1 BAD WRECK 1 MILE AWAY , BUT STILL ALIVE !

thanks Cop Runner/ do you have stock sizes? (oh and Good Luck with YOUR LIFE, THAT IS CRAZy!!!!!)

Back