Stoppies possible?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saml01

Reaction score
Is this real?

Greg%27s_stoppie.jpg

Possible yes but the bike has to be set up to do it..there was a pic of someone doing one on the cover of an old V-boost

There is a theory it is a photoshopped picture because the forks aren't compressed and by the placement of the shadow under the bike.

I can tell you I have attempted this a few times. That picture is indeed faked and was made up in a response to Eric Harnish's stoppie (which appeared to be legit but not sure).

Anyway, Every time I have attempted it the front end wants to skid out before the ass end really gets anywhere (though it may have been slightly off the ground). It will make you about crap your shorts though when that tire breaks loose. I highly recommend against attempting this!

I think I could maybe get it done with a 17" sticky radial, stock rear height, lowered front, chain drive (preferred for weight reduction), fork brace (inverted maybe), and a bike I didn't mind getting damaged if the test went bad.

Sean

Yeah I'd say a bike would need some serious upgrades to be able to do that. I've skidded the front tire once or twice and it hints at impossibility for a stock max. Heck, I've skidded the front tire on a 2006 MT01 and it has radials with USD forks.

I can tell you I have attempted this a few times. That picture is indeed faked and was made up in a response to Eric Harnish's stoppie (which appeared to be legit but not sure).

Anyway, Every time I have attempted it the front end wants to skid out before the ass end really gets anywhere (though it may have been slightly off the ground). It will make you about crap your shorts though when that tire breaks loose. I highly recommend against attempting this!

I think I could maybe get it done with a 17" sticky radial, stock rear height, lowered front, chain drive (preferred for weight reduction), fork brace (inverted maybe), and a bike I didn't mind getting damaged if the test went bad. Sean

Just what I was thinking would happen, talking about a heavy bike here! :punk:

And I just bet it's some scary shit when that front breaks loose!! Major metal for even trying it!! :worthy:

Ive got three piston calipers and can get it to skid the front tire :biglaugh:,but its not comming off the ground!Ive tried:bang head:

Just what I was thinking would happen, talking about a heavy bike here! :punk:

And I just bet it's some scary shit when that front breaks loose!! Major metal for even trying it!! :worthy:

It is TERRIFYING when the front end breaks loose......trust me:bigeyes:

It is TERRIFYING when the front end breaks loose......trust me:bigeyes:

Yup, yup. I tried a stoppie after changing out my brakes. I leaned forward and was all over the brakes. The front tire rolled a little then locked up and then I was skidding. Glad I didn't lay it down.

I think I could maybe get it done with a 17" sticky radial, stock rear height, lowered front, chain drive (preferred for weight reduction), fork brace (inverted maybe), and a bike I didn't mind getting damaged if the test went bad.

Sean

So when are you going to video tape this attempt Sean? "You have all the things you mentioned right!"

:rofl_200::rofl_200:"Just joking of course":rofl_200::rofl_200:

I don't try this very dang often. Most of the time the bikes that MIGHT have the capability are far too nice to risk crashing (which is probably going to happen).

Sean

So in other words, not happening? :rofl_200:

Sean

I've unintentionally tried this twice in an emergency stop. Not happening and it's very scary when the brakes lock up. Zero control over direction. Luckily the bike went left and out of danger both times..

Back