strange occurances...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd Check the fuel filter, then put a sync on the carbs (A sync never hurts ) then put a couple of shots of seafoam in the tank and ride it to see if anything changes.

You might need a clean, but seafoam might take care of things.

You can also try a can of Start Your Engines in a fresh tank of fuel as well. Folks have had good luck with it.

As for oil, I use Castrol 20-50wt motorcycle oil with good results. I do have to ask how you were determining that you were burning oil. If you felt your sight glass was dirty how did you check? As you have stated that you are fairly new you need to search here for threads on your oil light coming on under acceleration. New folks think that their bike is low on oil if the light comes on even though, if you put the factory amount of oil in, it is quite normal. I used to, when my bike was shaft drive, just put in the full 4 qts. you will not overfill by much (takes the level just to just below the top of the sight glass) to cause you problems and your oil light won't come on under acceleration either. Make sure you clean out the PCV system in the airbox bottom as well as it is probably full of oil too.

You can also try a can of Start Your Engines in a fresh tank of fuel as well. Folks have had good luck with it.

As for oil, I use Castrol 20-50wt motorcycle oil with good results. I do have to ask how you were determining that you were burning oil. If you felt your sight glass was dirty how did you check? As you have stated that you are fairly new you need to search here for threads on your oil light coming on under acceleration. New folks think that their bike is low on oil if the light comes on even though, if you put the factory amount of oil in, it is quite normal. I used to, when my bike was shaft drive, just put in the full 4 qts. you will not overfill by much (takes the level just to just below the top of the sight glass) to cause you problems and your oil light won't come on under acceleration either. Make sure you clean out the PCV system in the airbox bottom as well as it is probably full of oil too.

Ture that....

I fill mine to the top edge of the glass and rarely get the light, only when the front wheel comes off the ground.....there's actually high and low marks on mine indicating that near the top edge is in normal range so it's ok...

keep in mind that oil lights gonna come on when your hamming on it dude if its working right at all ,even at correct levels ,i bet everyones bike here does it .try a little headlight cleaner on your sight glass ,do the brake and clutch sight glasses too while your at it!! 3m sells a great kit with the drill attachment and all.
the red light is the better watch where your going light lmao

Back