stumbling max HELP!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden763

Reaction score
hello um im having this problem with my vmax. ok it idles perfect but if u hit the throttle it will just stumble and die but if u hit the chock it will rev up :confused2: i just cant figure it out ive tried everything

This is generally a carb issue so I'm going to move it to the Carb forum. One of our carb gurus should be able to help you out.

ya i am is that a problem

On a stock bike, the airbox must be on or the bike will run lean - getting too much air - but before you put back on, start it and give it throttle and look at the top of the carbs to see if the diaphams are moving or are they stuck. If not stuck, but airbox back on and try running the engine again.

I do think that the carbs need to be rebuilt/cleaned as posted in your other thread.

Mike

ya i do to i have pulled them apart three times and cleaned them but i dont know and ya they all move a little bit but not a whole bunch how much should they move

ya i do to i have pulled them apart three times and cleaned them but i dont know and ya they all move a little bit but not a whole bunch how much should they move

They shouldn't move at all @ idle, should start pulsing as you rev her up. Do the pea shooter with some seafoam, and the shotgun technique.

It depends on how much throttle your giving it. But the main thing is they are all moving about the same distance. New air filter ?

Did you do the shotgun ? You will have to do a good job for this to work. Is this old gas ? The carbs should be sync'd after all that. Take off your gas filter and ensure it's not clogged.
Keep trying...you'll get it

http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/default.htm

Go to the link above and read and see the pictures about the shotgun preceedure - it can make a huge difference.

ok i just got in after trying the sea foam stuff and it still only idles i dont know whats goinn g on

Re: issues with carb

Drain your float bowls and make sure no bits in there. Make sure no water in the gas and that the gas is clear...not yellow or brownish. It sounds like your pilot fuel jets are plugged.

Mark

Re: issues with carb

ok i just got in after trying the sea foam stuff and it still only idles i dont know whats goinn g on

Did ya drip it into to the four PAJ#1. and choke vents?
blib tha throttle, let it suck in the Seafoam, do it 4-5 times, let it soak in and clean.

Maleko's a guru, he'll get ya going. L8R.

hey guys just a question could all this be caused cause i dont have the airbox on or is that not a big deal

Re: question

If you're not running air corrector/stage 7 then the bike will run like shit w/o air box.

Mark

When I tear my carbs apart or adjust em, I use toothepaste to polish the slides. and rinse em off with WD-40 dry em with a soft towel. I know it sounds funny and all but it works awesome. You can also use toothpaste to remove light scratches from clear plastic.
But no the slides dont really move at idle. If you blip the throttle you will notice em move a little most imortant thing is they are all consistant with each other.

Latest posts

Back