stupid PING sound?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Ok so I have this weird PINGING sound coming from the rear left of my engine when the bike is first started and warming up.Once its warm no problem-it goes away.

Our other Max(before selling it) had the same sound when warming.

It sounds like a lose exhaust heat shield or somthing.When I pull up on the muffler in the right spot it stops, and the sound STARTED after my exhaust swap.

Sound like Its just the a warm-up moans of a 25 year old bike with a home done muffler job to you or should I be concerned?:ummm:

It's probably the huge heat shield in there expanding and contracting. In this case expanding as it gets hot.

Chris

I kinda figured that because it has a really hollow rattle sound to it like a heat shield thats come lose.

I tightened up everything I could get to under that side of the exhuast,any idea how to silence this thing or is it somthing I should just get used to?

It sounds like you have a washer or something that's loose when cold, and as the metal expands as it heats up it tightens. You need to find where it's at while cold, maybe try tapping around with a screwdriver blade?

Latest posts

Back