Summer riding gloves

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike calls me Jeff all the time.......oooh, wait, I mean Mark calls me Jeff all the time. lol

Fair is fair. I have a really hard time remembering names. This year at the Eureka Springs rally, even though I know full well better than that, I still managed to call Clay Banker by the name of Barry at least three times. I think it may have stemmed from meeting both Clay Banker and Barry Barker at the same time back in 08 or so.

The gloves I bought are identical to the ones pictured on the ebay ad I attached, I believe - just a smidge of blue striping/piping on them.

Kyle, I don't own any chaps. But when I do, they will be assless.

Wow none of yall are cool no fingerless gloves to go with your assless chaps.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Why do Harley riders prefer fingerless gloves?

For the same reason gorrillas have big nostrils because of their big fingers.

I have some Cortech Vice gloves, they aren't vented much, but I wear 'em anyway. I have used Olympia summer gloves and like 'em, but not as-much protection. They are very good at passing air because of the close-knit fabric on the backs.

As to wearing gloves at-all, I never ride w/o gloves. Dwarf & mt-pockets seem to have had similar experiences to mine. Oddly, two serious street-riding accidents I have had were either going-to or coming-from work at fire-rescue. One was a car lane-change into me when I was next to him, but probably in his 'blind-spot,' to be fair, and the other was a *&%^IU^$$!**!!! female who turned left in-front of four lanes of oncoming traffic, and I was the unfortunate soul in the lane where she decided to stop.

Ever since the first accident, I only want to know my plastic surgeon socially!

When the weather changes for being colder (such as that is in south Florida), my hands where I was damaged the deepest turn pink and I get a 'more sensitive than normal' feeling.

I did get nearly 30 hour-long sessions of hyperbaric treatments after the first accident, to promote rapid regeneration of third-degree burns I abraded into my hands, arms, and one knee. If I was rich, I would have one of those and use it daily. You get 100% O2 instead of the 21% available in the atmosphere, five times the normal concentration. And, it's pressurized to 2 bar, so your body just is awash in it.

I've never got it as bad as you Medic, but I have had enough puss dripping road rash to know how to protect myself! When I had my sportbike, I used to do track days. I highsided coming out of a turn. I clearly remember, as I was sliding down the track, the amount of heat I was feeling, and how quickly I felt it. I thought I had torn up my leathers, so I rolled over. My leathers had not torn one bit!!! When the track ambulance and medics got to me, and got my leathers off, they were pretty concerned about the deep burns I had on my elbows, and knees! And those burns I got through all the pretty stiff, and thick protection on my leathers knees, and elbows. I cringe when I see these guys riding around in shorts, and sandles. Just the other day I was asked when I rode into a meeting spot, how I could wear all the leather, and a full face helmet on such a hot day??? I told them, as they were dressed to run as fast as they could across the parking lot, dive, and see how well things turn out. Now imagine doing that at 30, 40, hell even 50mph..... Most people think it wont happen to them...well it can, and at anywhere, and anytime

LOL! One Hardley pro, while we were having this discussion piped up, and said "you could get hit by a car crossing the street, maybe we should wear helmets for that" I looked at him and said, " you wanna walk in front of a car, go right ahead"

Everyone knows that a backwards-facing baseball cap will protect you better than a DOT-rated helmet, that's why so-many Harley riders rely on them! Around here, they do. I also like the "big mamas" riding on the back of their old man's Harley, and the strap-back sandals protecting their feet like their sunglasses protect their bare heads.

But in-view of what number of posts I have, what I really want to know is, "what type of oil should I use?" Thanks.

I have a pair of Icon 29er gloves for warm weather. Leather palm, vented back. No armor, but better than nothing. cold days I wear AGV gauntlets with armor.

If you dont like wearing gloves. May I suggest keeping a big jar of silvadene on hand. All you fellow road rashers should know what that is. Its the best thing for road rash.

If you dont like wearing gloves. May I suggest keeping a big jar of silvadene on hand. All you fellow road rashers should know what that is. Its the best thing for road rash.

And, it's expensive! Like, "your wife's most-pricey makeup" expensive. But as a broad-spectrum antibiotic cream, it's what they use in the burn wards, the best you can get.

Any time I think I'm tempted to ride w/o protective gear, I recall being off-work for 2-1/2 months while I recovered/healed from a bike accident. Then I think about the two guys in two different wrecks I saw with my paramedic students during a clinical day in the E.R., a Level I trauma facility, and how damaged they were, and that was from riding scooters, not 110+ hp motorcycles, and their multiple injuries.

I wear some yellow deerskin gloves I got at Lowes. they are extremely comfortable.

perhaps not the best overall motorcycle gloves but I don't wear a helmet either.

I wear some yellow deerskin gloves I got at Lowes. they are extremely comfortable.

perhaps not the best overall motorcycle gloves but I don't wear a helmet either.

Those thin deerskin gloves will vaporize when you need 'em most, and without a decent helmet, so will your cabeza.:confused2:

I began wearing gloves in the summertime, not for the looks, and not for the protection, but to afford myself A BETTER GRIP ON THIS 09 BEAST! ....just sayin'.

Latest posts

Back