SuperTrapps with open endcaps?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djw479

Reaction score
Has anyone changed the endcaps from the more standard closed endcaps to one of the optional open endcap designs?

Does it change sound? I'd imagine its louder, but more importantly, does it increase/decrease the lower, boomy tones?

when i had mine i ran it with no disks and no end caps. its loud as hell. i didn't like it personally. i gotta imagine it changes the torque curve, but not sure how.

I run the supertrapps with the competition open end cap and 8 discs as they recommend from supertrapp. Its loud, but its the way I like it. TO BE HEARD!!! With the open end cap and discs, it has the necessary backpressure to give you the horsepower still needed.

Thats a good question, I was wondering it myself. I might take all the end caps off and the discs out and see how she sounds. Maybe then pull the baffles and and see how that sounds! haha But let me know if anybody has the open end caps, especially how it changed the noise.

Has anyone changed the endcaps from the more standard closed endcaps to one of the optional open endcap designs?

Does it change sound? I'd imagine its louder, but more importantly, does it increase/decrease the lower, boomy tones?

It's a lot louder and sounds crisper. You get some extra bass but not that much.

Those specialty expensive open end caps do more harm then none. More for estetics than performance according to Supertrapp (kerker). I run the true competition open end caps that are set to what they recommend. I like the loud rumble it creates plus the sound is now behind me instead of around me too!

Been awhile since I sold a set of caps but they are available. It will be loud for sure. Don't expect to feel much of a gain in power. Just sound.

Sean

I ran the standard open end cap, not the fancy billet type. When I called supertrapp, they stated for best performance on an open end cap, use the standard open end cap.

Only problem there is that I'm a little distrusting of listening to what one company says about another's product. I mean, wouldn't it be a conflict of interest to say otherwise.

Something you will never here from an company with a product:
"Yeah, our stuff is ok, but their stuff is like way better than ours...buy theirs instead"

To me, the adjustables go along the lines of, it can't be any worse the standard closed end cap....although it will probably not be as good as the competition end cap...It is kinda riding the middle with options on either end. Which would seem to fit quite well with most street riders, like myself.

Back