swingarm autocad

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laser scan will only give you x-y-z coordinates and it must be converted to CAD file which is not simple at all.

As for the aluminium.
The most durable aluminium comonly avaible on the market is PA9 (AIZnMgCu1.5 - 3.4365 - 7075 - A-Zn 5 GU). Its also very machine friendly.
Nothing more you need.

You may also use 6061 (easier to mirror polish and cheaper) or 6082. The 7000 series are more expensive and denser therefore for the same log you pay more (more per Kg and its denser)

Prez do you have those sketches in ProE, Step or sldprt? They look good. did you do them yourself? thanks

You may also use 6061 (easier to mirror polish and cheaper) or 6082. The 7000 series are more expensive and denser therefore for the same log you pay more (more per Kg and its denser)

Prez do you have those sketches in ProE, Step or sldprt? They look good. did you do them yourself? thanks

6061 and 6082 are PITA to machine and they dont provide that much durability.
They are easier to polish cuz the high zink contain.

7075 provides the best durability and its very machinable.
The next in the list would be an 2017A which is the best for machining but hard to get those days.
At the end I can sugest 5083.
Those would be the recomendations for SHEET's only, BAR's are completly diffrent stories.

Density diffrence along all aluminium alloys is no more then 0,2 g/cm3.
I strongly doubt you will ever feel the diffrence...
Typicaly aluminium density is about 2,6-2,8 kg/dm3 so everyone using the 2,7 for all alloys.

I have draw them myself, each about 1-2h or so.
Im using Alibre Design and I have a very good import/export module.

6061 and 6082 are PITA to machine and they dont provide that much durability.
They are easier to polish cuz the high zink contain.

7075 provides the best durability and its very machinable.
The next in the list would be an 2017A which is the best for machining but hard to get those days.
At the end I can sugest 5083.
Those would be the recomendations for SHEET's only, BAR's are completly diffrent stories.

Density diffrence along all aluminium alloys is no more then 0,2 g/cm3.
I strongly doubt you will ever feel the diffrence...
Typicaly aluminium density is about 2,6-2,8 kg/dm3 so everyone using the 2,7 for all alloys.

I have draw them myself, each about 1-2h or so.
Im using Alibre Design and I have a very good import/export module.

The stronger series are the 2000 (alloyed with copper - dural, aeronautical grade) and 7000 (alloyed with zinc). The 6000 (alloyed with magnesium and silicon) is softer than 7000 though less resistant to forces. I think you got something messed up on the way. At least this is the info i got. Congratulations on the drawings they look very good. Any chance you can send me a copy for me to take a look? Thanks

The stronger series are the 2000 (alloyed with copper - dural, aeronautical grade) and 7000 (alloyed with zinc). The 6000 (alloyed with magnesium and silicon) is softer than 7000 though less resistant to forces. I think you got something messed up on the way. At least this is the info i got. Congratulations on the drawings they look very good. Any chance you can send me a copy for me to take a look? Thanks

They all are durals - theres not something like pure aluminium in the market on present days...maybe in capacitors or some medical implants...
Check out the German markings, they are using the chemical formulas.
Do not ever put all kinds in the one box like 7000's, 6000's or 2000's.
For example 7020 and 7022 are completly diffrent story.
Again 2007 and 2011 are far from similar...

Again none of 2000's are stronger then 7075/PA9 for example "stretching durability" for PA9 is about 500 MPa while 2017A/PA6 is about 400 MPa...
ok only aircraft alloys like 7475 sheets...

Andy why are you using american ISO instead using spain UNE?

Im not an metalurgist(even if I have cooperworks and aluminiumworks in my town and I user to work there) but I do machining with my own hands quite a lot my friend - I know my shit...

I saw your tripple trees drawnings, why you want mine while you can draw yours in a flash, huh?
Youe seems to now a lot of stuff, some machining, some general mechanics and even metalurgy...you dont need me hey?

Ok. I'll measure my stock one and let you know on the measures. Which ones do you need? Send me a PM wit your email and the measures you need...

They all are durals - theres not something like pure aluminium in the market on present days...maybe in capacitors or some medical implants...
Check out the German markings, they are using the chemical formulas.
Do not ever put all kinds in the one box like 7000's, 6000's or 2000's.
For example 7020 and 7022 are completly diffrent story.
Again 2007 and 2011 are far from similar...

Again none of 2000's are stronger then 7075/PA9 for example "stretching durability" for PA9 is about 500 MPa while 2017A/PA6 is about 400 MPa...
ok only aircraft alloys like 7475 sheets...

Andy why are you using american ISO instead using spain UNE?

Im not an metalurgist(even if I have cooperworks and aluminiumworks in my town and I user to work there) but I do machining with my own hands quite a lot my friend - I know my shit...

I saw your tripple trees drawnings, why you want mine while you can draw yours in a flash, huh?
Youe seems to now a lot of stuff, some machining, some general mechanics and even metalurgy...you dont need me hey?

Just saw this one. It seems afterall that you are the master of all knowledge. Im sorry to be using your precious time by making you read this and bother you on Olimpo. You should never use IMHO acronym again because it does not apply very well.
I don't know why but every time someone says something different than you gets this treatment, happened b4 with me. Why is that? Can't others have different opinions? You know what?... keep your secrets to yourself. I gently asked you for your help in order to avoid wasting time doing it myself but it seems that everything is really secret. Why didn't you post the file in a CAD editable format? Are you afraid that someone steals your sketches? How many do you want? Ask for them and i pleasantly pass them to you. Like i told you on PM the spirit of a forum is to have mutual or common help between users and not just chit chat about trivial stuff... All i told you about the alloys is correct and theres no mistake.
Another thing when i say something different from another user (this or other forum) its because i think that when i see something not accurate i should correct it, not to show off but in order to help out as much as i can. Either way i may be incorrect when trying to correct someone and in that case facts should be thrown on the table and then i'll extend my apologies if applicable. I see no problem on that. Im sorry if i do not vow myself to your achievements...
Oh by the way i already got that oil filter adapter plate sketch (from a great guy - that i'll be always willing to help out within my possibilities - that forum spirit remember?) that i asked about in a thread and you sent me a PM just to tell me that you had it but wouldn't pass it out. Thanks for nothing and be well...

For your and all information general 1000 series alloy has a minimum of 99% aluminium.
One thing you are right, in the same series there is different kind of materials and one of the best for tensile strength is 7075-T6 that goes above 500 MPa.
I don't know if this goes against the forum rules but shit i think i had enough...

Im certenly sure you need to change your drags dealer...this aint good stuff mate.

And I sugest You to imporove your technical quasi-knowalege and stop making everybody wrong my freind.
I just wanted to point you are wrong and you starting somehow personal vendetta...im out from this...

well sorry for interrupting your fight but listen to this.....

i called today here in greece for asking 70cmx50cmx30cm billett 7075 and guess what they told me. it weights 230kg and it costs.........3200 euros.......

i saw this web of fischer swingarm and it says all the piece weights 65kg and when cnc the swing arm weights 8 kg
cant find out what i am asking wrong to the people who sells the billet
http://www.fischer-maschinenbau.com/index.php?page=motorradschwingen

well sorry for interrupting your fight but listen to this.....

i called today here in greece for asking 70cmx50cmx30cm billett 7075 and guess what they told me. it weights 230kg and it costs.........3200 euros.......

i saw this web of fischer swingarm and it says all the piece weights 65kg and when cnc the swing arm weights 8 kg
cant find out what i am asking wrong to the people who sells the billet
http://www.fischer-maschinenbau.com/index.php?page=motorradschwingen

I have PA9 for about 4,5€/kg here.

You gonna need 600x500x100 for stock swingarm which is about 80ks's.

I can't begin to understand how the hell you would draw something like that. Very cool. When you going to start building some?
I would send you whatever measurements I could but I don't have a swingarm to do that with!

and have the option to order a casting form? well, terribly sorry for 70% of the material is converted into chips. and less and less processing. may have the option to order the casting? especially if you get a few people who want, order and unite to make a small batch. just be cheaper? what about this venture will result?

I can cast that model for few bucks here but, none cast will match billet strenght.

You will not see much cast swingarms in the motorcycle wold, even if they're aluminium they are combined multiple elements by welding technology.

Latest posts

Back