Teething Toddler

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex85

Reaction score
Night number 3 of the extremely cranky toddler. Right now she has 3 molar type teeth breaking though and the pain must be the worst thing she has ever felt. Poor thing is drooling everywhere due to the increased saliva production and keeps waking due to pain. I know many of you have been through similar times with your kids and can understand where I'm coming from. Sometimes just making a post on this forum while getting cried and drooled on makes things just a little bit better.

Hope you all are getting much more sleep than me!

Night number 3 of the extremely cranky toddler. Right now she has 3 molar type teeth breaking though and the pain must be the worst thing she has ever felt. Poor thing is drooling everywhere due to the increased saliva production and keeps waking due to pain. I know many of you have been through similar times with your kids and can understand where I'm coming from. Sometimes just making a post on this forum while getting cried and drooled on makes things just a little bit better.

Hope you all are getting much more sleep than me!
clove oil- just a drop, try it on yourself first. Dilute for babies.

I remember those days ( and sleepless nights)! See if your doctor is OK with baby aspirins, they helped with my daughter and try putting a washcloth (or other baby chew-able thing) in the refrigerator to make it cold. When they chew on it, it acts like a cold compress and helps. Just be glad he isn't colicky! (yes also my daughter lol).

Silver lining, in a short 17-20 years the various forms of pain will all be overwith. IIRC I used teething pacifiers with my 2, it worked well but they were freakishly easy and happy kids.

Going through the same now with my second child. I tried as well many things but what I believe to be more effective is paracetamol before he goes to sleep.

shot of Jack not for the child !!
Actually whiskey is on the list of alternatives and and a drop or two will work.
Cucumbers, any cold fruit.
Tex, I cannot stress enough telling you try on yourself first as clove oil is truly POWERFUL.

Actually whiskey is on the list of alternatives and and a drop or two will work.
Cucumbers, any cold fruit.
Tex, I cannot stress enough telling you try on yourself first as clove oil is truly POWERFUL.

I actually ran this by my buddy (a pharmacist) and he said it would be better to avoid using it for now and stick to the current method of Tylenol, Advil, and Orajel. Went out and bought a few teething toys since we left them all at home because she never wanted them before.

Fortunately Abby's disposition has been improving throughout the day leading me to believe the worst is over. On the up side I cracked my windshield yesterday and had to abandon plans to join my wife, daughter and in-laws at Sea World today. It was certainly a blessing in disguise. The windshield has been replaced free of charge by USAA via Safelite, I had a nice relaxing lunch, and now I have time to work on planning some projects for when I get back home.

Thanks to everyone for all the tips!

Back