Terible rough or lumpy from 1500-2000 rpm. Please help video inside

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never had any luck setting my mixture screws individually. I turn one in and it doesn't change until all the way in, then recovers immediately after I back it out a quarter turn, and doesn't increase the rpms no matter how far out I turn it! WTF?? I have tried it several times with the same results. What mods do you have Alorio1?

I've having the smae problem with my bike right now. I just pulled my carbs off the bike, cleaned and made some adjustments based on my dyno reading, but now my off idle acceleration up to about 3k hesitates at part throttle. I can't seem to hear any difference when I'm trying to set my a/f screws unless I screw them way in. I've noticed that the more I turn them out the better the throttle response is in that area. I think I'm about 3 turns out now for each of them and carbs are sync'd.

3 turns out is pretty normal. I wouldn't be overly concerned until I was 5 or more turnsout. Then you may want to go to a larger Idle, Fuel Jet... Turning the screws out is richer, in is leaner..

Try turning the idle down real low and then adjust the A/F screws. Might make it easier to note changes.
I do that also, but first sync at the low idle speed, followed by adjusting the idle a/f . Then I check the sync just off idle and readjust sync if I have to. I get a good feel from the a/f screws that way and a nice crisp throttle responce down low. Out of sync has screwed me up in the past as far as idle a/f responce. Just my 2 cents
Steve

Back