Thank you Sean Morley

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennsVmax

Reaction score
I borrowed a lift today and put my bike on it. Did the bounce check and it bounced pretty good. So I followed Seans video and since I did not have a spanner wrench I got to use my favorite tool, a hammer. Anyway the bike handles much better now.

I also checked the air pressure in the forks and it did not move the guage. So I put a small amt of air in the forks and it still did not register. So will try a few more times. I am leary of putting in too much and causing damage and I can only check the pressure when the front end is in the air.

All in all, a good day.

I borrowed a lift today and put my bike on it. Did the bounce check and it bounced pretty good. So I followed Seans video and since I did not have a spanner wrench I got to use my favorite tool, a hammer. Anyway the bike handles much better now.

I also checked the air pressure in the forks and it did not move the guage. So I put a small amt of air in the forks and it still did not register. So will try a few more times. I am leary of putting in too much and causing damage and I can only check the pressure when the front end is in the air.

All in all, a good day.

The hammer part doesn't sound good.....but only use a hand or foot pump on the forks. You only need 6lbs. So put in about 8lbs and when you check it with a pressure guage you'll end up letting out 1 or 2 pounds.

......DO NOT USE A PRESSURIZED SYSTEM!!

Yeah, you talk about panic. Years back when I was using air in the forks I used a compressor with a chuck that snaps onto the valve, didn't hold onto the clip tight enough and I couldn't get it off. Was going for a one second burst. Bout bursted my pants instead. Went to the bike pump after that episode!

When I don't have a hand pump handy, I just put a bit of air into the air pig and then use it. That works well as you can keep the pressure low in the pig but the volume is much greater than the forks so it doesn't run out.

G Man

All in all, a good day.

Did you just tighten up the whole thing or did you switch around nuts and washers/furber it?

i I DON'T RUN ANY AIR , 7-8,000 MILES WITH NO AIR AND NO ISSUES , I CANT CHECK THEM WITH THE BIG SPIKES COVERING THE TOPS , I HAD TO MACHINE OUT THE CENTERS OF THE SPIKES AND TAP THEM DOWN ONTO THE TUBES WITH A RUBBER MALLET . .. MY FORK TUBES ARE SLID UP THROUGH THE TRIPLES 1 INCH . . PLUS THIS WAY I AM POSITIVE THAT THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT IN THEM ! .. :rofl_200:.. I BOUGHT THIS HEAD BEARING TOOL FROM " DINGY " , ITS AWESOME , PERFECT MACHINE WORK , I WANT TO WEAR IT AS A NECKLACE ITS SO NICE ! .. http://www.vmaxforum.net/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=1212

I don't use air either. Hagon progressive front springs and 20wt fork oil with no air pressure. Works just fine.

I loosened up the top nut and the allen bolts in the tripple tree, then as I did not have a spanner wrench I followed Seans recommendation and used the hammer to tighten the two nuts at the same time. Just did a little and did another bounce test till it just barely, barely bounced.

Thanks for the advice on the air. I have 11k miles and stock forks and using the low pressure guage it did not even register so it must me out. I will get a bike pump and give that a try. Have not really had any issues re the forks but figured as long as I had the lift I might as well check it and fix it.

Back