The first in many parts I am going to make for my Max.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
IMAG0641.jpg

Prototype trial version of a cylinder cover.

I wanted to do something different then what everyone else has done.

It didn't turn out what I wanted, so I am going to alter it.

But you get the idea.

IMAG0644-1.jpg

I ve done master covers for Magna's recently here is a couple pictures to show the idea of what I am going to do with the Vmax covers soon.

IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

IMAG0370.jpg

Note you wont see the tool marks when the part is finished.

But I am going to change the lettering and size. I am not happy with the way it turned out with that type font.

Also a few other things to change, the border will be chamfered I think. The border will be thicker around it also.

I might toss a ball cut or two in it to make the open areas look more filled not sure.

What do you guys think ?

Thanks
Todd

Thank you sir!

As they say..... you aint seen nothin yet !!

I plan on making a bunch of parts for my bike soon.

Heck I might even machine a set of wheels..... But first things first I have to get the bike up to snuff fast.

Thank you
Todd

Very cool. I may have a line on some wheel blanks if you get frisky! Might even have some specs on the rear hub adapters.

Sean

That sir is awesomeness. However, I like ANY metalworking! How hard would it be for you to make some light holders? I can do up any cad design to show you what I mean. Looking to make some really nice driving lights with LED's. Heck, I could make you some too! :)

Nice work man ! Wish I had some "machinist skills". The first project for me would be the lower head light bracket that goes between the forks and has "Yamaha" on it. Something smooth and clean or maybe a tuning fork emblem in the middle.
Mike

That sir is awesomeness. However, I like ANY metalworking! How hard would it be for you to make some light holders? I can do up any cad design to show you what I mean. Looking to make some really nice driving lights with LED's. Heck, I could make you some too! :)

Shoot me an email [email protected]

I would like everyone to note though, that this isn't my business. I don't make motorcycle parts. I am a custom gun works shop. So anything that I do is done after I get my other jobs done. So some ideas and designs may take me longer then I hope just because of actual business work load.

With that out of the way LOL. Thank you for the kind words ! I look forward to seeing what you have in mind.

Thanks
Todd

Nice work man ! Wish I had some "machinist skills". The first project for me would be the lower head light bracket that goes between the forks and has "Yamaha" on it. Something smooth and clean or maybe a tuning fork emblem in the middle.
Mike

Thank you for the kind words as well.

And your idea is already in progress..... :clapping: its on paper, I need to cad it out and then cut some prototypes out when I get some other projects done.

So hang loose, if I make one, I ll probably make a few since its set up.

Thanks
Todd

These still need a slight program tune up and are rough prototypes. So keep that in mind. I set my z depth too shallow on the remachine path and it was about .003-.004 thousandths off. So there is a slight step in the remachine areas. I already have it programmed to fix that error.

All black.

IMAG0649.jpg

IMAG0648.jpg

IMAG0647.jpg

Two tone

IMAG0650.jpg

IMAG0651.jpg

Thanks again for the kind words everyone.
Todd

Just leave enough meat for it to maintain pressure on the cylinder plug under that cover. If you need to borrow parts so you don't have to take them off your bike - just ask. If you don't feel like doing one offs then we could discuss doing batches too. I already do that with another member that makes some nice parts that we sell.

Sean

Good work there, sir! I actually like the machined lines, because it means, "individually-made," even if the only operator input is placing the raw material into a jig and removing the machined piece afterwards.

I am surprised 'SpecOps13' hasn't PM'ed you yet about your gunsmithing, or mayke it's already occurred? "Hi, Dave!"

I am sure there will be many member ideas for parts to create, I hope you can find the time to assist us in our mods.

Machining is my passion. So I will definitely be looking for ideas.

Sean I am interested. I ll shoot you an email Monday night. I have some ideas for stuff and not having to pull all the parts off my bike would awesome.

Thanks again everyone.
Todd

That's cool mate! You will have many a friend here. :biglaugh:
I wish I had access to that sort of machinery!

Not sure about Vmax parts but I have an AR15 bull barrel I'd like to have threaded so I'll probably be in touch, gorgeous looking work though bud!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back