the time has come

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattness

Reaction score
so my gf wants me to get a new max so im happier and more motivated, and because i talk about it too much and i has a better yob now. so my 03 max is prolly gonna get traded in if i cant find a buyer soon. so if i trade it in i have some parts im gonna take off and sell because i doubt the dealer is gonna give me what theyre worth.

heres what i can get rid of

K&N air filter, like new just put on this last christmas $40 shipped

chrome brake and clutch fluid covers that say VMAX on them - excellent condition 25 shipped, like new

OEM engine guards - like new 140 shipped. i bought these brand new, bolts included

backrest and luggage rack - backrest good condition, no rips no tears in pad, luggage rack has scratches in it from where im guessing person before me used a bungie cord on it. - make an offer (this is the oem backrest, no drilling or anything like that required, bolt on bolt off)(scratches are in clear coat, not the actual metal, buffing should take a lot of them out, from more than 3 or 4 feet away you cant tell)

Shift light - chrome with blue LEDs, has screw on connectors so its literally bolt on bolt off, it mounts on your speedo by tightening a small bracket into a screw in the speedo. 150 shipped with all mounting equipment

Chrome VMAX scoop inserts - excellent condition $40 shipped

chrome VMAX radiator cover - excellent condition $65 shipped

just making this thread now so you vultures can prepare, dont know what exactly is gonna happen yet, just waiting to see how the cards fall.

im not for sure what im gonna do yet, the bike is getting paid off on thursday and if i can find a buyer by then its gone with all the mods and oem parts with it. i think the dealer is gonna give me 4.5k trade in as is all stock. if they give me a good deal on the trade in then theyre not gonna give me a deal on the gen2, but if they give me a deal on the gen2, then theyll shaft me on the trade in value. so id really like to sell the bike outright.

Last edited:
Go for it if you can afford it and your new job is secure.

Good luck selling the 03

If you do end up trading it in I may be interested in the engine guards, it would be a nice day trip on the Max down there and back, let me know how much $$$...............................Tom.

If you lived a thousand miles closer... Idea what you'll be trying to get for your scoot?

Make the best deal with the dealer for cash / walk out the door. Then mention the bike as a trade - in. Most will try to back off their best deal at that point , but if you have their best deal on paper , you can wheel & deal on the trade - in. :eusa_dance:

Make the best deal with the dealer for cash / walk out the door. Then mention the bike as a trade - in. Most will try to back off their best deal at that point , but if you have their best deal on paper , you can wheel & deal on the trade - in. :eusa_dance:

nice tip thank you. grab em by the ballz lol

for cough id give you the bike and all the oem parts and everything ive got for it

Last edited:
the backrest alone looks like its gonna go for 4-500 all day long on ebay

Wow get rid of the girl friend. that would be by far the easiest plus you will have extra money for more mods. :biglaugh:

Ya, that backrest/luggage rack would sell on ebay for boceaup bucks, easily $4-500.

I'd avoid dealing with the stealership at all. Like you said, if you trade-in they won't give you a cent off retail on the Gen 2.

You could get $4500 for an 03 all day long on wantads or craigslist, potentially more. I'd sell the bike to a private party, then go to the dealer and beat 'em up on the price.

Gotta play "hard to get" with the salesman. Make multiple visits to look at the bike or ask questions, don't just rush in waving cash around. They have to think you're legitimately "on the fence" about it, otherwise you'll never get any pull when it comes time to wheel and deal. Sometimes they won't bend on the price, but you can get them to toss in some perks.... a free set of tires, free scheduled maintenance, ect. They're often more willing to give you dealer value off the price over a straight discount.

i have a guy comin in the morning to see it, we'll see how it goes

I'll take the scoop inserts and the radiator cover, if you still have them. Good luck on the sale and the purchase.

I would be interested in the backrest/rack. Do you have pictures of the backrest luggage rack? How deep are all the scratch's on the rack. I could offer 250.00 if they aren't too bad.

the guy never showed up. so expect some parts to pop up soon.

the luggage rack doesnt have gouges theyre just scratches in the clear coat.

heres a picture showing scoops/radiator cover and shift light

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 43
went to the bank for a loan today.

apparently you have to work somewhere 90 days before u can apply for a loan :( wtf!

Looks like you may be keeping the bike for a bit longer. However, Make me a deal I can't refuse and I may take everything, as I have an 05 that is in need of some cosmetic alterations. I would even take your exhaust if you're interested and give you my stock exhaust to put back on if you needed it.

paid the bike off today, title in hand. i talked to my suga momma at the bank and she said she could waive the 90 day thing for me if i work here a couple more weeks hehehehehe.

im gonna be vmax2ing soon. i have dreams im riding one so trust me its gonna happen

Last edited:
Back