this is pretty cool - torque wrench adapter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the attached wrench is anything but perpendicular to the torque wrench it will not torque the bolt to what ever the wrench is set at. Think about it, if you extend the torque wrench, you create additional torque.

edit: I just read the instructions, there are calculations to compensate for the additional moment. Pretty cool.

I'd have to double check to be sure, but IIRC torque doesn't change by matter of length/leverage just angle.

The torque wrench is measuring how much force it takes to tighten the bolt any further at the socket/bolt/whatever level. Extending the wrench to give additional leverage will allow you to apply more torque, but it doesn't make the measurement less accurate.

Having things at odd angles as is common when using adapters will though. I think the calculations are the same if at a perfect 90 degree increment. In any case, this is a pretty sweet adapter - it's sure much less spendy than these.

That is definitely an interesting adapter. Don't think I'd use it enough to justify picking it up. Hell I don't even have torque wrench currently, its out on loan to a friend!

Latest posts

Back