Thor's 95 DarkVmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor_eyerdhal

Reaction score
Since a lot of members are asking for details (at least Bikedave99 :biglaugh: )

Many years ago, in a continent far far away, Vmakin was a bit greenish:

loiret10.jpg

About two years ago, i did plasti-dip tests :

vmax_m10.jpg

The stock seat did not matched anymore with the black color so i ordered a custom seat (My butt thanks me at every ride!)

selle310.jpg

At the beginning there was a Stage7 i added velocity stacks

img_0512.jpg

img_0513.jpg

Few months ago i changed for the Morley's kit

kit_mo10.jpg

Now it looks like this :

dscn7210.jpg

dscn5810.jpg

Some details :

Rear with 17" modified wheel, Ohlins shocks, Strapps and 33/9 diff

vmax_210.jpg

Front with 17" modified wheel, 320mm full floating Brembo brakes, WP ROMA fork

vmax_510.jpg

Straight aluminium handle bar with ISR levers and Morley's head light with led ring

vmax_610.jpg

Side view, with S7 braided hose, MSD Superconductors H.V. wires, Otec carb covers and LSL offset footpegs

vmax_410.jpg

Right side of motor with Moko clear clutch cover and Otec clear waterpump cover.

vmax_310.jpg

Thanks Thor! That is a sharp looking bike you have there! What are your impressions of switching from the S7 to Morley jet/filter kit?

Thank you :)
I can't tell you because i swapped the Air kit and the diff at the same time!
So it pulls stronger now but how to tell % air kit / % diff...

Very nice looking thing.

Was it easy to get the parts to Europe?

France is second best Vmax sales after US (about 100000 sales worldwide, 25000 in Europe, about 13000 in France!)..

Many specialized shops in the 90s and 2000s.
Now only one but a very good one : CMS http://www.cannesmotoservices.com/
And OTEC is a french machine shop.

We also have Exactrep in England, Maez and Ratz in Germany.
And some others..

Raats is in the Netherlands and in germany you also have big bike munich, brm and schwabenmax. In France there are a couple more but i dont recall now.

Raats is in the Netherlands and in germany you also have big bike munich, brm and schwabenmax. In France there are a couple more but i dont recall now.

Yes Netherlands for Raats.
But only trusted one in France anymore, there is KMP too but you should run away from this shop..! Others are out of business.

Thanks for the feedback, good to know better where to go with my Vmax and which sites to order aftermarket parts, if I order stuff from the US for sure it will be stuck in the customs and I will have to pay the +20% price ( I still didn't check if there s a way to avoid customs). And I kinda star to have the felling that the general motorcycle mechanics when it comes to Vmax they are not very accurate with prices and times and answers.

Our customers don't have many issues with customs on the parts we ship. We've shipped pretty much all over the world now (I still avoid shipping to Nigeria lol).

Sean

Our customers don't have many issues with customs on the parts we ship. We've shipped pretty much all over the world now (I still avoid shipping to Nigeria lol).

Sean

Sean, do you usually send it as a gift? Without the invoice inside (I think that is the way to avoid customs)

Can you tell us about the volt meter your on this bike...can you do a small write up...specs...please

Nice looking bikes. Nice to see bike pictures from over seas.

Sean, do you usually send it as a gift? Without the invoice inside (I think that is the way to avoid customs)

I made a dozen of orders with Sean, great advises and i never paid custom taxes with his shippings ;)

And US prices for OEM automotive parts and tools are about 50% of french prices!

Can you tell us about the volt meter your on this bike...can you do a small write up...specs...please

I am at my third RR on the bike, last time engine died at red light and no more power to start. Fortunately i was at 1 km of home..

I don't want to push it anymore or having the harness in fire!
So i put a little chromed voltmeter on a +12V relay triggered by ignition switch.

Hey born2ride, there are lots of vmaxxers in your area, just a month ago we had the belgium vmax rally in antwerp.

Back