Those of You with the FatMax Belly Pans.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95spfldmax

Reaction score
For the guys who have had the FatMax belly pan mounted to thier bikes for awhile......and I guess.....applies to other belly pans as well......

I just got mine and am fitting it up and prepping for paint and was wondering.......on the front surface did stuff get kicked up from the front tire & mess up your paint jobs?? Did anyone come up with a sticker or other type material to put there that looks good and protects the paint?? Is it even necessary??

Anyone who may have cut out recesses for their crashbars.....no problem with stress cracks or anything??

Any other advice for me?? Thanks.

just wondering in advance......

use a plastic washer on the bolts that hold the belly pan on.
that will help keep from chipping the paint .when you tighten the bolts.
I get road debris on the front of mine. but it hasn't hurt the paint. i just keep it waxed ( royal blue)
Drill a hole in it so you can see the oil site glass. something i should have done. before i painted it.

That looks like a pretty good option....have you used it in the past?? Or know someone first-hand??

I'm not using that stuff in particular, I went to my graphics shop that did my original wrap and had them put a clear film up front. No chips what so ever after 3 years.

The stuff is called durashield, I'm sure other shops have it too.

http://www.autotrimdesignalaska.com/durashield.html

heres what mine looks like

ATT00001.jpg

That looks like a pretty good option....have you used it in the past?? Or know someone first-hand??

I saw it at a car show. The guy selling it had it on Viper. He had to show me where the film ended on the hood. It was so clear, I couldn't see the edges of it. If or when I paint my max, I am covering the whole bike in this stuff.

For the guys who have had the FatMax belly pan mounted to thier bikes for awhile......and I guess.....applies to other belly pans as well......

I just got mine and am fitting it up and prepping for paint and was wondering.......on the front surface did stuff get kicked up from the front tire & mess up your paint jobs?? Did anyone come up with a sticker or other type material to put there that looks good and protects the paint?? Is it even necessary??

Anyone who may have cut out recesses for their crashbars.....no problem with stress cracks or anything??

Any other advice for me?? Thanks.

just wondering in advance......

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT use any plastic paint protection that is not 3M. We put paint protection on in my wifes business. I will tell you first hand 3M is the very best. The list of problems of the other brands is too long to explain. Some will actually help the sun burn your paint.. or shrink or yellow etc... get 3M Scotchgard paint protection.. You will be happier in the end

Gannon

Even with the addition of a plastic fender extension, the paint on my custom pan has gotten seriously messed up, but I have probably ridden over more dirt roads than most Maxes would see. In any event, that "Invisible Mask" product looks like a good investment. My fairing would probably also benefit, as it is now incrusted with the body parts of countless unfortunate flying critters. Although they died a swift, painless death, they undoubtedly are laughing in bug heaven, as they watch me hopelessly try to remove their remains from the fairing paint, cursing continually..........
Miles

Back