Throttle Cable Binding

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
I have tried everything but there still binding. By binding I mean they will not fully return to the closed position after being opened without a little help.

They are definetly installed the correct way and I greased the junction box and wd40'd the cables.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Abe

Is the cables routed in front of the fork tube or behind - if behind, they will bind. Just a thought.

Mike

Abe, clean the WD40 out there...the box should be dry. Also make sure the sliders are in correct. They go in one way.

Sometimes they just don't like being changed or taken apart when you take off the carbs (I assume you did that). You may need a new pair of upper cables (and they aren't all that expensive anyway). I've had the crimped ball end get cocked in the housing up by the grip and cause the binding.

Sean

Sometimes they just don't like being changed or taken apart when you take off the carbs (I assume you did that). You may need a new pair of upper cables (and they aren't all that expensive anyway). I've had the crimped ball end get cocked in the housing up by the grip and cause the binding.

Sean

Sean do you have any cables in stock new or used? If so I will take a set. I will be taking the carbs back off anyway to go back to the 152.5 jet. Do you have a spare junction box as well? Mine is pretty shitty looking. Let me know.

Thanks,
Abe

Abe, clean the WD40 out there...the box should be dry. Also make sure the sliders are in correct. They go in one way.

Mark,

Thanks for taking all my calls today. If you ever come up this way I owe you an "el burrito loco"

These fuckers are the size of a football!

HAHA.

Abe

had a little issue with the cables binding on mine too. Happened just last night after my first attempt at carb work ever. I found that it was binding only when turned "full lock" to the right. Any other position was great. I took it apart at the little junction there and flipped the slider around the other way. Works perfect now:confused2: As Mark said, I found the hard way that it only works when the sliders are in a certain way. It did fit together the first time and seemed fine until I turned right.

Anyways, works now.

Put the new cables and junction box on and DAM is it smooth! Thanks again Morley for the fast shipping and thanks again Mark for all the help over the phone.

Back