Thunder in the Sand September 3-6

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
See you bitches in Conesville, Iowa for Thunder in the Sand this weekend. I should be in town around 5ish on Friday.

I've got the turbo Vmax ready for the drag races. There is a slight chance I'll be spending tonight down there, but not sure if the prego wife will let me or not. I talked to Possom (the guy who put this event on) last weekend, and he said this should be the best show yet. The weather is looking good, and there are going to be some pretty good bands coming.

I helped clean the drag strip up a little last weekend, I took my 600cc Katana and whent there with my buddy, who was riding his FatBoy. We got a few passes in and that little 600 wooped his ass!!!!! My clutch was slipping like a mo-fo, but the little bugger ran a 8.303 @ 88.35 in the 1/8.
The Fat Boy ran a 8.677 @ 81.44 - This was his first pass ever, and he didn't let any air out of his tires and we were running on an unprepped track, and started off a pro tree - he spun pretty badly, but I think he did pretty well considering everything. I'm not positive, but I think my 60' was a 1.992 (I think I need to get that clutch looked at.)

Anyway, I have plenty of camping space reserved for anyone who wants to come down. I know of at least 1 other VMax that will be racing. If anyone wants to make it please feel free to give me a ring 3l9-46l-8969. I think I will be boating on Saturday, but you never know, I may make it back.

Jeff

Last edited:
Back