Tire help please!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbeduckman

Reaction score
Today I took notice of the front tire on my new max. It's cupping pretty badly. Looks like a nice series of little hills all the way around. The rear tire was just replaced (before I bought the bike) it may have 500 miles on it. Is this front tire dangerous at the moment? It has plenty of tread life left. I just want to make sure it isn't going to blow up before I get it replaced. The air pressure is correct in it.

My other question: the rear is a Bridgestone spitfire. I prefer to run oem stock rubber on my bikes (and the spitfire isn't v rated), but don't want to buy a new rear since the one on it is already new. Can I put a stock front on it and wait until I need a new rear to match them up? I've heard debates either way on this topic...but didn't see any threads using the search function. So, what say you fine vmax enthusiasts...must they match????

tires are your lifeline. get them done asap.

as far as mixing, i've heard its perfectly fine as long as you don't mix radial vs ply... there is something u can do but i'll let others chime in

If and when you change them,....go with Metzler ME880's. They cost a little more then stock, you will get more miles and better ride. You won't be disappointed.

If and when you change them,....go with Metzler ME880's. They cost a little more then stock, you will get more miles and better ride. You won't be disappointed.

agreed. but if you can't front that $$ right now, goto bikebandit.com and order shinko 110's or 120s for upfront..

Based upon good reviews on this and other forums; I've ordered a set of Shinko tires for my max. I ordered the tour master v rated from bikebandit in OEM sizes. For the price, I don't see how I can go wrong unless they are total junk. I'll sacrifice fewer miles for more grip as I've read they're more sticky than the metz so many are running. I'll keep the forum updated on the way they behave.

they are excellent tires. Done almost 5k miles on mine (stock fromt and 170/80 rear) and they are great. Quite soft so grippy, maybe not that durable, but at that price I'd rather have new tires more often knowing my bike handles well with them. And that have the bonus of being V rated, when most competitors are only H.

Back